This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by renoks
    So now I'm looking for good chip's and that sms ecu looks very interesting for me. Future plans to get RS em (damn expensive) and k26/27 or holset turbo.
    I suggest you do a proper mapping. Adapting ECU which is made for different hardware configuration it's like adding spark plugs wihich are not intended to run in your engine. It will work, but will not give you full power, and can easily destroy your engine. I understand, that stated HP and NM figures are luring you, but the truth was said many times in this thread - NO, don't use that software! Even if you collect exact HW, I think there still be differences, because SMS sometimes did something to the intake manifold and head ports, this also matters. At least I have seen SMS 3b with something done to the intake.

Sau
    200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
    CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

• Hello friends. I put this photo so that he sees Paul it and he has the data of the ECU to change Chips.
      Greetings of Carlos
      Attached Files
      Charles

Audi S2 Coupe ABY 1994
      Barcelona

Comment

• Originally posted by wastegates
        Hello friends. I put this photo so that he sees Paul it and he has the data of the ECU to change Chips.
        Greetings of Carlos
        PM sent...
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• A question.
          When the change becomes of Chip in my ECU, the temperature considers that there is in Spain, that is different from the UK????.
          They have commented to me that is important by the temperature of the motor.

A greeting Carlos
          Charles

Audi S2 Coupe ABY 1994
          Barcelona

Comment

• Don't worry about this - air temperature correction is already provided in these chips.

Paul
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Originally posted by Audi500HP
              Hi, I would like to explain my opinion about chip´s....

In my opinion we dont need expensive chip´s to manage the same injectors, why?
              Cause the only way that the increase of the power came, is from boosting more pressure, and for that you dont need chip´s........why again?

Well, the chip´s only change the frecuency of the valve actuator for the wasgate, just to increase the boost pressure, and that mean power! In some chips you will find a little changes in the advance of the spark, but that only make your car power for maybe 1-2 HP, no more than 5 extra hp. (and detonation propense)

So if you want more power, just boost more pressure with a machanical valve (replacing the electronic one, maintaing electricly conected to avoid faults), plus a cheap boost gauge......... and voula .......... you have 280 hp

EVIDENCE: My two ABY S2 run in this mode for 30.000 kms without problems. One of the S2 work with:

KKK26 turbo charging 1.1 BAR (relative), 2.1 (absolut)
              RS2 exhaust manifold ( just in case to avoid over heat piston #1-5)
              FREE flow exhaust system without CATS
              manual boost controller (10 euros)
              provisory boost gauge (12 euros) came from the industry of gas!
              Original CLEAN AIR FILTER, (K&N sucks)

Now I have 330-340HP in this car without a CHIP, stock injectors, stock motronic, stock flow meter.........puting 12.5 by g-tech pro, and 12.6 in a official drag racing track.... I love MOTRONIC, old, but efective.

question: when buy a chip? when you are going to change the injectors for power over 340 HP......... then Im going to call someone or MAYBE plug a MAP ECU piggy back ..........

Cheers

PS: If you dont know nothing about mechanic, forget what you have read and pay for a chip, cause you can kill your turbo, or even worst your engine! (very difficult with the original turbo, but who knows!) These frase will be loved by the tuners jajaja

Also I have done this before in my early FIAT punto GT ! good remembers... Motronic also
              Dear oh dear
              S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

• Audi 500p, what a load of tosh
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• oh my god, i would be the first to say i don't know isht about turbos and engine programming (yet) but even i know that's a load of crap!!!!! if it was as simple as turning a screw then we'd all have 500hp......
                  1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Comment

• Hi Paul i sent you a PM regarding your home fries i was wondering if you got it or not?
                    1994 Indigo Blue S2 coupe
                    1994 80 Avant 1.9 TDI
                    2005 Yamaha Fazer 1000
                    1953 AJS Model 18S

Comment

• Hello Paul, Hello Mihnea,

As you know - I already talked about it with Mike - for me torque is the most important. I am not Dan ; every gear at 7000. I appreciate much more the "breathe" at 2000 ... and up.

So the question : with stock turbo, about 270.000 km, what am I supposed to do.

Ask Paul if it is still possible to send him my ECU. Verify some things before (pop of, ...) ? Wait for the air Samco hoses ?

Thank you

Looking forward to have it arranged :-)

--
                      Marc-Henri

Comment

• Chuffed

Got my ABY coupe fried by paul and very pleased with the result

It now pulls cleanly and really makes the car so much better to drive, honestly i was expecting a slight change but for the gain you get it has transformed the car

Anyone still on standard ECU should definately consider this but would recommend you sort your brakes first, I seem to run out of road rather quickly now

Crawf
                        Ragusa Coupe gone!
                        sigpic
                        VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
                        VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
                        vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

• Originally posted by Crawford_S2
                          Got my ABY coupe fried by paul and very pleased with the result

It now pulls cleanly and really makes the car so much better to drive, honestly i was expecting a slight change but for the gain you get it has transformed the car

Anyone still on standard ECU should definately consider this but would recommend you sort your brakes first, I seem to run out of road rather quickly now

Crawf
                          Makes a big difference then dude? Got the Avant back today with a fully rebuilt head!!!!! So it's time too start tuning

Audi 80 2.0
                          E21 BMW 316
                          Ibiza Cupra Sport
                          Mk3 Golf GTI colour Concept in black!
                          Mk3 Golf GTI
                          VW Caddy van with my gottis on it

Comment

• Originally posted by phil2.016v
                            Makes a big difference then dude? Got the Avant back today with a fully rebuilt head!!!!! So it's time too start tuning
                            Wouldn't say the difference in actual performance was massive but is definately a marked improvement. Its the way the car now drives that is more dramatic really, hard to explain but it just feels 'better' more punch and less hesitation and vagueness. Sort of how it should be from the factory

Would go for it and get one, you will not regret it.

Crawf
                            Ragusa Coupe gone!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Sounds like it has better all round 'driveability' then.

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteRR
                                Sounds like it has better all round 'driveability' then.
                                YUP!
                                Ragusa Coupe gone!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X