Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone, what is the correct / most recommended RS2 spark plug these days?

My car is a MTM KKK 24/26 Hybrid Turbo Stage 3 if I remember correctly that was fitted Kim Collins in the 90’s...

My RS2 has been in storage for 7 years, Never ever broke down or anything, never a blip, but now.....I have a misfire/flatspot/brrrrrrrrp only when I put the pedal to the floor and gun it...?

It drives great when I’m just driving normally, but if I go to overtake, and I have a real flat spot, ‘murmer’ when I nail it, when it hits 4,000rpm +, so after a brand new 044 fuel pump, new fuel filter (Bosch) and a few runs out with a full tank of brand new Super Unleaded, I will try a new set of plugs before I change anything else.

So looking to buy the best plugs, cost is not a issue, as long as they are the best.

Can anyone help?

Comment

• NGK PFR7B worked perfect on my car, running a k26 hybrid, putting out 390ps

Comment

• Sounds like it could even be a coilpack failing

Comment

• How do I check if the Coilpacks are working ok or if they are failing on me?

Comment

• Originally posted by UUUdirs2newcastle View Post
            How do I check if the Coilpacks are working ok or if they are failing on me?
            It's not easy job to find faulty coil on the standard engine. Best way to do this is to borrow the whole cover with the coils on it, swap it with yours then see how it goes.
            If the engine works well then you ether replace all coil packs with new ones @ £90 each plus labor or convert to Tfsi coils. ( this will not have OE look)
            I have working coil pack. Pm me if you need help.
            Last edited by robo; 13 July 2020, 19:55.
            sigpic_________
            Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by robo View Post

It's not easy job to find faulty coil on the standard engine. Best way to do this is to borrow the whole cover with the coils on it, swap it with yours then see how it goes.
              If the engine works well then you ether replace all coil packs with new ones @ £90 each plus labor or convert to Tfsi coils. ( this will not have OE look)
              I have working coil pack. Pm me if you need help.
              Thanks Robo, I am going to put a new set of BOSCH F5DP0R plugs in tomorrow morning, and check that they are at 0.6mm, change the original 26 year old silicone hose that goes from the cold side of the turbo to my MAF, and maybe change the 3.8 Bar FPR if I can find someone with one on the shelf tomorrow. I found a stray brown ‘earth’ wire from the back of the coil pack cover, that looks like it’s cane loose from a earth on the chassis, as it goes nowhere, so hopefully that or one has caused the missfire/loss of power above 4000rpm.

Failing that, maybe it would be a good idea for me to just buy your 1 working coil, and just one by one change each coil of mine one by one, for one that you have until my car works?

Comment

• The stray Brown earth i guess is the one that should be held down to the valvecover. top left corner if you are standing in front of the car.
                Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

• Originally posted by fish View Post
                  The stray Brown earth i guess is the one that should be held down to the valvecover. top left corner if you are standing in front of the car.
                  Where is the brown earth under the valve cover normally attached to the car ?

Comment

• I think it comes out from the coilpacks...
                    Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

• Attached at the side of the head at the back.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I bought 10 piecesfrom RockAuto, wasnt cheap but not too bad either. think I paid 17$ pr plug. But with shipping , tax etc. a bit expensive.
                        https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

• Does anyone know where to source these plugs from now? I can't find these for sale in the UK at present. Or is the current consensus to use an alternative?

Comment

• Originally posted by markb_1303 View Post
                            Does anyone know where to source these plugs from now? I can't find these for sale in the UK at present. Or is the current consensus to use an alternative?
                            Most people use alternatives, I bought quite a few from RockAuto, was expensive as hell but sold half of them so I managed to use 0$

Comment

• best place to buy I think is there - https://orbimotors.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by peterr991 View Post
                                best place to buy I think is there - https://orbimotors.com/
                                where, there?

Comment

Working...
                                X