Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are'nt any way to know if its good or not, like a batch nr or so? I bought mine over a year ago, but maybe I just stick to my NKG plugs then.. hmm

Comment

So being controversial for a moment why has not one tuner mentioned anything about known plug issues until this point? seems odd that there is a QA issue...has anyone sent anything to bosch to review and have they responded privately or publically? not suggesting that any tuner had a rihht to inform but would be useful to know if pstterns on failure are emerging... genuinely unsure which plugs to go for now
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

When I first started running the gt30r I kept having missfire issues. Spark leads kept blowing out the rocker cover and I finally diagnosed it to the plugs where they where spinning loosely within the metal nut. However this only became apparent when they were taken out and warm. When cold the plug appeared 100% to visual inspection.

Did this to 2 out of 5. So replaced all 5 to be safe and it did it again. Both batches from gsf. So thought strange maybe the f5dpor from bosch packaging is a different variant from the audi one. So bought a set from Audi and suffered the same issue. 15 plugs binned within 2 weeks. So I experimented with bkr7eix 8eix and 9eix. In winter the car was happiest with 7's in the summer 8's on the race track 9's.
        UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

sounds like a nightmare!!!
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Probably made in China. If the NHS can buy fake drugs...

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
              When I first started running the gt30r I kept having missfire issues. Spark leads kept blowing out the rocker cover and I finally diagnosed it to the plugs where they where spinning loosely within the metal nut. However this only became apparent when they were taken out and warm. When cold the plug appeared 100% to visual inspection.

Did this to 2 out of 5. So replaced all 5 to be safe and it did it again. Both batches from gsf. So thought strange maybe the f5dpor from bosch packaging is a different variant from the audi one. So bought a set from Audi and suffered the same issue. 15 plugs binned within 2 weeks. So I experimented with bkr7eix 8eix and 9eix. In winter the car was happiest with 7's in the summer 8's on the race track 9's.
              Exactly same issue here. If you drive the car every day in traffic conditions with f5dpor probably you will not notice any problem. But when they become hot start to spin within the metal nut with lots of misfire. I saw this on my car on dyno mapping.
              Last edited by Nik0las; 17 February 2012, 11:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik0las View Post
                Exactly same issue here. If you drive the car every day in traffic conditions with f5dpor probably you will not notice any problem. But when they become hot start to spin within the metal nut with lats of misfire. I saw this on my car on dyno mapping.
                Yup, and eventually the porcelain breaks... and the engine suffers the same fate as madpugger's.

I just binned 6 F5DP0R's out of my RS4 as well, fitted by the previous owner...
                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

I´ve also had issues with the F5DP0R´s. A porcelain chip broke loose from one of the plugs. Maybe it´s time to try the other plugs recommended here before something dire happens.
                  S2 Avant -95

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                    NGK BKR-7EIX or Bosch FR5DP.
                    Is problem with F5DPOR the same direct from audi dealers?

Comment

What about PFR7Q from ngk. Its listed for rs4 rs6 and cayenne turbo
                      Cheers

Murat

Comment

Surely it would be a simple task to dump the Bosch plugs and go for something from either the NGK or the Nippon Denso catalogues. With all of the ricers drifting etc. there should be a huge range of properly manufactured plugs out there.

Comment

This is really interesting. I've recently done a 2.0 TFSI conversion and was planning to put new plugs in soon as old ones have done about 20,000 miles. So would FR5DP be the way to go with these coils also?

Comment

Either them or the NGK stated in this thread. My cousin madpugger of you read up had the problem with the Bosch breaking in the cylinder. After only a few thousand k. He runs the loom upgrade like yours. He's now running the NGK's

Comment

Originally posted by fridtjov-audirs2 View Post
                              Is problem with F5DPOR the same direct from audi dealers?
                              Yup, mine were dealer bought ones. I have a photo of the block somewhere I need to post, its horrific!

The NGK BKR-8IEX that I am using seem pretty good so far and were reasonably priced (IIRC ~£4 each)

Le Mans 2012
                              Nurburgring 700
                              1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Thecrispynoodle View Post
                                This is really interesting. I've recently done a 2.0 TFSI conversion and was planning to put new plugs in soon as old ones have done about 20,000 miles. So would FR5DP be the way to go with these coils also?
                                One of my FR5DP's...

For now I would avoid all spark plugs that reads Bosch on them.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                                Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                                BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                                BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X