Broken spark plug F5DPOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by treebirch View Post
    Do you know if anyone has used this plug on an RS2, I am worried the top of the plug will hit the piston?
    If you look at this pic, you see that the sparkplug holes are quite deep up in the combustion chamber, so no chance they hit the pistons.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

What plugs would you recomend for a chipped 2004 1,8t A6?
      Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more picĀ“s of my cars

Comment

Pulled the trigger but the plugs in and kicked her in the guts with baited breath,.

All good, much smoother on idle and sounding strong.

Phew. Thank you for your input!

Comment

Plenty of room for spark plug! Take a closer look by opening the picture.
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          Pembo
          quattro - Original 4WD rallying
          Rally Car photos

Comment

Originally posted by psiconauta911 View Post
            More news about Bosch spark plugs!

IĀ“ve replaced the 5 plugs on my ABY less than 1000km ago, out came the VAG/Bosch F5DPOR with 50.000km on them (90% on LPG) they where light grey and had no imerfection at all, in went 5 new Bosch F5PDOR made in Germany bought from one of those internet car parts seller.........and less than 1000km later the engine developed a clicking sound like an exaust leak an soon after begun to fail as I gave it some thorttle....WTF! Took the first plug out and...suprise....the ceramic core had worked itself lose from the metal outer part, than removed the 2nd one...same problem, 3rd one the same as the 4th and 5th...WHAT..all 5 F**KING new spark plugs had the ceramic core going round and round like a "merry go round".

Put the old ones back and all is good with engine now...have to buy new plugs but this time IĀ“ll go to my VAG dealer, it will cost more but quality wonĀ“t be so bad, I hope!

WTF is going on with Bosch itĀ“s not like theyĀ“re making the plugs in china as the box states "made in Germany" are they in the business of loosing business!
            Well I must correct what IĀ“ve stated above!

I donĀ“t want to defend the quality of the Bosch spark plugs but in the other hand donĀ“t want Bosch to take the blames from my own mistakes so here it goes:

The failure of the Bosch spark plugs stated by me in the quoted post were of my own fault as I by mistake overtorqued them all causing the break of the seal between the ceramic core and the outer metal sleeve!

Comment

I checked which NGK plugs caused my running issues at it was pfr7b not the number listed here
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I just installed the PFR7B and my RS2 is running really nicely as a result, its pretty standard though.

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                I checked which NGK plugs caused my running issues at it was pfr7b not the number listed here

Comment

Guys, i want to order NGK BKR8EIX , but local parts shop tell me, that they have a bad experience with NGK these days...Lot of reclamations of burned that ceramic nose. He told me, that NGK is now made in France these days and not Japan as they was. He told me that French made is **** and some Japan left, is good
                  Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
                    Guys, i want to order NGK BKR8EIX , but local parts shop tell me, that they have a bad experience with NGK these days...Lot of reclamations of burned that ceramic nose. He told me, that NGK is now made in France these days and not Japan as they was. He told me that French made is **** and some Japan left, is good
                    That's a bit odd, we sell a lot of NGK and I can't think of any issues with the plugs.

Cheers

Tim
                    Use the code S2F and get 10% Club Discount
                    oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers
                    email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
                    phone: 01209 202944

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
                      I have been running with these plugs for just over a year and had no issues ( rs2 + spec )

Comment

What about BRISK? Any experience with those sparkplugs?

Comment

FYI , i have used denso platinum plugs in my rs2[sold]/200 20v[sold] v8 urs4, c5 rs6 , all without any problem, change them every 12k

Comment

All this spark plug fapperino makes my head spin.

You can use plain simple copper spark plugs at 1.50 a piece, as long as they are the correct heat range and gap.
                            Just change them every time you change your oil.

None of this platinum iridium <insert **** here> makes the plug any better at doing what it does. It only makes it *last* longer. Meaning you can go like 80 000km on one set of plugs.
                            Make sure you have 5 bosch or 7 ngk heat range (1 range colder if you are doing 300hp per liter or E85), make sure the gap is 0.6mm after you pass 250hp/liter. Below that doesn't even matter.
                            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Ok, i will run around 500-600hp on 2.5. So gap 0,6mm and BKR8EIX

Comment

My Bosch fr5dtc trielectrode would only last 2000 to 2500kms before starting to have misfires again, so I switched back to platinum and will still be replacing them at 5 to 7k kms

Comment

Working...
                                X