• Show
Clear All

My blower drive output is on pin C16 as johne's list not tthe above diagram
    But my fan speed monitor is on C11
    sigpic
    "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
    BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
    1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
    2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

use the link in si16vcoupes post

cheers

rich
      sigpic

Comment

OK - now it makes sense... will download, print and ponder for a while.
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Oh those aren't official Audi diagrams by the way - some schlonky aftermarket Russian format I've seen before - not as friendly as Audi style - damn
          Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Don't miss a trick here... that website covers other cars and years - look for Auto Climate in a 1995 Audi 90 and you should have the LHD B3/B4 platform with climate to compare in same format to early B5 (Audi A4).
            Paul Nugent

Comment

if you have the diagrams for A4 on a W VIN that would help lots

cheers

rich
              sigpic

Comment

I do but they are on paper only and might be US specific... Will try to do that tonight sometime. PM to remind me
                Paul Nugent

Comment

Originally posted by rj scotty View Post
                  if you have the diagrams for A4 on a W VIN that would help lots

cheers

rich
                  I should be able to sort out A4 W VIN diagrams. Is it just the climate you want? PM me you email address and I'll sort it out.

Ben
                  the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                  1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

RIght then - had a quick squizz at MY98 B5 platform ACC diagrams - W chassis Audi A4 - and they are different from earlier years. One notable difference is with the blower motor & control. On MY98 its an integrated 5-pin affair. Some wires are same purpose, some are not. Seems the 5-pin affair was used on MY97 setup as well.

You would need to be careful when mixing and matching looms, head units and such to get it all compatible.

AFAIK - the early A4 loom is functionally the same as LHD S2/RS2 climate loom but you would need to modify it along the way.

I will endeavour to get a good review of johne's guide to see if I can help unravel any wiring mysteries... What I mean is that his guide may not be valid for a conversion from an MY98 vehicle due to these few wiring differences - above and beyond the V2/J126 integration.
                    Paul Nugent

Comment

Here is an odd ball then, my fan multi plug has 3 wires

Running through the pin compatibility list of this ccu against the list in johne's guide
                      The only pins that differ as far as I can tell are:

D6: vac recirc no function
                      C14: wired to 5 wire fan control which I don't have, ill assume jonhe's chart is correct
                      calling it +12V X Load dump (what dose this mean ?)
                      B13: goes to J218 on A4
                      A6: Unknown posibbly goes to J218 on A4
                      I don't have C13 permanent suplly looks like this ccu don't need it

Remember all my actuator wires and and sensor wires are intact

Connections I need to make are IE I have bare ends:

A1 Diagnostic K line
                      A2 A/C on status
                      A8 Outside air temp
                      A11 High temp cut (unsure on this as it goes to J218 on A4)
                      C2 High pressure switch monitor
                      C3 Low pressure switch (I have the relay)
                      C4 Vehicle speed (unsure on this as it goes to J218 on A4)
                      C6 RPM (unsure on this as it goes to J218 on A4)
                      C7 Light switch
                      C12 Full throttle inhibit (only used on certain engine model A4)
                      C14 +12V X load dump
                      D6 (missing on this controller) 12V to vac recirc flap a toggle switch will do for now.
                      D8 Compressor relay drive
                      D9 +12V x load dump
                      D14 Ground
                      D15 Ground
                      D16 Rad speed 1 drive

Plus the common conections (except C13)

Not so bad when you look at it like that

cheers

rich
                      sigpic

Comment

Just looked at the 1997 diagram and compared them to johne's. They appear to be the same in all aspects except pin A11 this goes to the instrument cluster in the A4 where as johne took it to T5h pin 4. I'm struggling with the blower wiring at the minute. it appears from the diagram that the live supply to the blower is cut when the low pressure relay is denergized, so if your a/c lost gas your blower would not work

Also my loom dose not have a C13 live supply could be nothing, could be a headache

cheers

rich
                        A11 is the input to the CCU to tell it that the engine is overheating. In response it cuts off the A/C compressor. The ECU gets the same signal and in response curtails boost. The signal comes from the MFTS but in order to pick it up inside the car you can choose the ECU connector itself or T5h.
                        The wire may indeed have come from the dash in the A4 - where it illuminated an "overheating" lamp perhaps but not relevant to fitting in our cars.
                        If you're not worried about having that protection in the case of overheating, it's a wire you can leave unconnected.

John

Comment

Thanks mate

Now what dose 12v x load dump mean, I bet I feel stupid when you tell me

cheers

rich
                          sigpic

Comment

My blower drive output is on pin C16 as johne's list not tthe above diagram
                            But my fan speed monitor is on C11
                            Which is the same as in my guide and on my car so would be correct for a 3 wire heater fan motor speed controller.

John

Comment

Thanks mate

Now what dose 12v x load dump mean, I bet I feel stupid when you tell me

cheers

rich
                              +12 volts is fed into our car electrics in 3 ways.

The "30" supply which is direct from the battery and always on.
                              The "15" supply which is fed via the ignition switch so is only on when the car is running, ie you've turned the key one clic.
                              The "X" supply, sometimes called the load dump supply because it is the same as the "15" supply but is cut whilst you are actually cranking the engine. Lots of electrics on whilst the engine is running are fed via the "X" supply so they are momentarily disconnected whilst the engine is cranked to ensure maximum battery power to starting the car.

If you look across any of the Audi wiring diagrams on S2Central you'll see every diagram has a line across the top labeled 30, 15, X & 31.

John

Comment

Here is an odd ball then, my fan multi plug has 3 wires

Running through the pin compatibility list of this ccu against the list in johne's guide
                                The only pins that differ as far as I can tell are:

D6: vac recirc no function
                                C14: wired to 5 wire fan control which I don't have, ill assume jonhe's chart is correct
                                calling it +12V X Load dump (what dose this mean ?)
                                B13: goes to J218 on A4
                                A6: Unknown posibbly goes to J218 on A4
                                I don't have C13 permanent suplly looks like this ccu don't need it

Remember all my actuator wires and and sensor wires are intact

Connections I need to make are IE I have bare ends:

A1 Diagnostic K line
                                A2 A/C on status
                                A8 Outside air temp
                                A11 High temp cut (unsure on this as it goes to J218 on A4)
                                C2 High pressure switch monitor
                                C3 Low pressure switch (I have the relay)
                                C4 Vehicle speed (unsure on this as it goes to J218 on A4)
                                C6 RPM (unsure on this as it goes to J218 on A4)
                                C7 Light switch
                                C12 Full throttle inhibit (only used on certain engine model A4)
                                C14 +12V X load dump
                                D6 (missing on this controller) 12V to vac recirc flap a toggle switch will do for now.
                                D8 Compressor relay drive
                                D9 +12V x load dump
                                D14 Ground
                                D15 Ground
                                D16 Rad speed 1 drive

Plus the common conections (except C13)

Not so bad when you look at it like that

cheers

rich
                                I'm surprised D6 doesn't work for the vac recirc solenoid as it does on my A4 sourced ECU - it may be solved by a VAGcom software change.
                                A6 & B13 - I don't know what they do. I do have all the A4 wiring diagrams on a Bently CD but I never studied in detail the ones for the post '96 model year but I don't believe that there was anything like a 30% wiring change each year.
                                C13 - the permanent +12volt supply. I haven't tried to run my system without this but I assume it's needed since the A4 ECU doesn't have an engine temperature sensor which the A80s did and calculates engine temperature from how long the engine has been running - and how long it's been stopped up to 2 hours at which point it assumes it's cold. To do this and to remember the last settings I assumed the ECU would need a permanent +12 volt supply.

The tables in my guide list suggestions as to where you can connect the wires you've listed with bare ends.

C12 is a bit like A6, it's there to cut off the A/C compressor if you're demanding maximum power, i.e. pedal to the metal, but you don't have to connect it if you don't want to.

You haven't mentioned the sunlight sensor but I guess that's part of the loom you removed from the A4 donor car.

John

Comment

Working...
                                X