K24R Catch Tanks - Pictures added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
    Rusty got anymore details on the pipe work your offering and if I can incorporate it into my JP / K24R setup?
    Have you still got the return pipe that runs through the head? I can offer a connecting kit for that. Otherwise, you'll have to make up some custom stuff...
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
      Just thinking about the pipe work, will the lines be AN? If not can you provide them? If not, i'll probably look at sourcing them myself, but still eager to go-ahead with the catch tank and swirl pot setup
      No, they're not. AN fitting would considerable add to the price. You can get weld-on adaptors so it's possible, but I'd have to look into prices and agree a spec. with you. Expect to add about £100 to the cost for all the connection to be AN! You wouldn't be able AN the swirl pot to crank case breather connection, as it's 30mm, the rest depends on how much welding you want to get done on the car. Best to PM me with your requirements and I'll look into it for you
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Will do, cheers Andy
        S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Rusty, since my battery is gone from the engine bay I'm up for one of theres setups for the coupe, have you got any pics of the parts?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Only the catch tank I have, these are evolutions of the design that I have.

With the power of the coupe, you really want to be looking at a relocated head breather too.

A swirl pot is a good idea, I have a true swirl pot design and also more of an expansion chamber design, that aims to slow the air enough to prevent oil entering the catch tank in the first place.

Could put a tank in place of the battery, if you wanted to try that?
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Yeah, I have some 30mm pipe to go from the sump to the tank and a bigger 30-22-30 T piece for the head breather to plumb into low down. Might as well go for the tank first and see how it goes, can always add the swirl later, yes? Have you got a tank with a 30mm inlet?
              Last edited by newsh; 8 March 2011, 22:15.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Found this image..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that was a mk.1 Design is similar, new ones are larger and return to inlet, rather than vent to atmosphere.

A suitable swirl pot is as important that a catch tank TBH, unless you can get a relocated head breather sorted out.

Other option is that we design a single tank with a sump return, that takes a feed off both the crank case and head. Problem there is condensation in the tank getting into the oil.

With regards to a custom tank, that's no problem, I'll just need to agree a design and get a 1 off price for you
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Ok mate, let me get the car up and running an see what space I have

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

What are the rough timescales on these Mr C?

Comment

Should finalise the designs this week, then 4-6 weeks for manufacture.
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                          You wouldn't be able AN the swirl pot to crank case breather connection, as it's 30mm
                          Well you could....

-20 AN is pretty much 30mm and -16 is only alittle to small if your specifying 30mm, but as Andy said this sort of size fittings will cost you a Arm and a leg.

A -20 fitting will cost £100 each.
                          Chef

Comment

Cheers for the info Terry
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Andy you should give viper hose's a call they could make you some hoses up just for your catch tank design. As long as its quite high number stuff they cover the tooling also
                              Chef

Comment

It's all been designed to use commercially available hoses. There's little that's custom on it TBH, just a little ally piece that sorts out the 19mm to 22mm piece by the head return pipe, and that's not too £, as it's simple. I will check out their website though, cheers again
                                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                                X