Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right. Just get a 22 or 24mm front bar and team it with an RS2 front then. If you're going for stripped interior then anything more might be a touch of overkill, have a go and see what you think.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      do it Patrick, but maybe get a 22mm bar off a basic 80 or 90 for better balanced set-up with the standard front bar
      I will probably, but I won't be able to test it since the car is not alowed on the road now...

Comment

• Newsh needs to get one next
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• but damn that car flys!!
          Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• Yeah, 135 over Avon Rise on part throttle was rather impressive!
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• I've just mounted Andy's 24mm FARB cast-off on the rear of my S2. What was the conclusion on which drop links to use?
              SS

Comment

• Stock ones fit but they're a tad long, some adjustable whiteline ones would do well.
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• I noticed the original links looked a tad long, hence my question. But I guess you (and others?) have been using the stock ones to good effect.
                  I might shorten the originals slightly.
                  At least RS2 FARB drop links are a lot cheaper than S2 RARB links, last time I checked.
                  SS

Comment

• Make sure you protect the brake lines
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• Will do if they look like a problem. Thanks.
                      SS

Comment

• They almost certainly will be close. Mine have fuel hose protecting the rubber, it works perfectly.
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• I bought 25mm poly mounts from Summit racing...
                          Bought a tie rod from pegueot (306 i think) and shortened it a bit
                          Mounted the tirod in stock position and into the RABR..

The FARB at rear works really nice.. im now planning to remove my FARB completely to try that.

I see alot of guy buying expensive adjustable Swaybars. but eeh duug.. most of them doent even know what adjustment that is good.. duuh.. Most ive seen runns as hard as possible.. lol..
                          Attached Files
                          It´s just a question of time..
                          http://www.garaget.org/?car=287344

Comment

• Nice get a 22mm FARB instead of ditching it completely, unless you're running properly stiff springs
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim_Coupe View Post
                              I bought 25mm poly mounts from Summit racing...
                              Bought a tie rod from pegueot (306 i think) and shortened it a bit
                              Mounted the tirod in stock position and into the RABR..

The FARB at rear works really nice.. im now planning to remove my FARB completely to try that.

I see alot of guy buying expensive adjustable Swaybars. but eeh duug.. most of them doent even know what adjustment that is good.. duuh.. Most ive seen runns as hard as possible.. lol..
                              I think you should have some Knife blades in hand from one of those "expensive" kits before you start to make many more judgments.

It's not even comparable to a stock or messed about with bar.
                              Chef

Comment

• And also try some suspension with more adjustment
                                Chef

Comment

Working...
                                X