Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest it C4 adjustable camber/caster plates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No what I know of. If you can measure the bolt pattern of the top mounts, then I can check if it's the same as C4. Just measures from bolt to bolt(3 studs that fit the top to the chassis).

I have now new design on these camber/caster plates. Possible to adjust caster alone without camber, and also possible to adjust positive camber. Will add some pics when I get them coated.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

c4 is the same as a200

Comment

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
        I have now new design on these camber/caster plates. Possible to adjust caster alone without camber, and also possible to adjust positive camber. Will add some pics when I get them coated.

Bigger spring plates are for stock type big springs, smaller ones for air suspension(a custom job).

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Let me know once these are ready for purchase.

Comment

me too

Comment

I'm also interested in a set!

Comment

Any updates Thomas?

Comment

Hello, I'm also interested in a set! with spring plates for air suspension

Comment

Ready to purchase for a coilover set up. PM sent

Comment

All forum orders shipped today. Thanks to all that you had patience to wait. I will PM tracking details later tonight.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Thomas would you say these are better than the plates
                        2bennett offers? I would like a set to last awhile and be
                        as quiet as possible. People with the 2bennett plates say
                        the bearings go bad really fast and they make a lot of noise
                        even from day 1.

Comment

I'm realy pleased with the product and didn't find them noisy.
                          Bearing is still OK, after 1000+ km
                          Although I broke one bolt, but that's my fault

Comment

No clunks or other noises from my either. Of course the bearings will wear out at some point, but difficult to say how for how long they will hold. I have maybe 2000km on clock.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Ok I got these installed today at the same time as replacing the spax adjustable dampers at the front as one had completely stopped dampening.

Anyhow before hand my car would tramline really bad. I run 255 40 17 continental sports contacts n2 porsche spec. I had my toe set at just on the toe in side of zero to try and help and my camber set at 1.9 degrees negative and was getting fairly good and even tire ware. I couldn't run much less camber on the stock modified top mounts.

So my hope was that fitting these would help with tramlining by running more castor. I set my plates like this.

This caused lots of toe out and I have adjusted the track rod ends to almost there shortest limit to get tow back to now 0.25 degrees toe out. I set static camber at 1.3 degrees negative.

Results are great! Steering feels heavier but not too much. Car no longer tramlines on a local bad road at all!!! I used to have to keep a tight grip of the wheel but now I could do that section of road with 1 finger on the wheel. Amazing! Also there are no noises or harsh bumps.

The bilstein b8 shocks also seem good and arnt harsh over pot holes etc. Very impressed.

I haven't measured actual castor but it's about the max I can get without the springs getting close to the body or running out of toe adjustment.

Btw I need a new track rod end as I slightly damaged one on removal but it's m18 not the normal m16. Anyone know we're to source or a part number?

Thanks Thomas for these amazing plates. Cheers des.

Comment

Oh one side effects is that the car is lifted at the front maybe 20mm at a guess. This had already been mentioned but just added for completeness.

Comment

Working...
                                X