No announcement yet.

Bilstein B12 suspension kit urs6 , too high in front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From an Audi S4 brochure.Stance looks just right here and a definite improvement over the S6.

Attached Files
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• You learn something new every day, Mark - I had no idea the S6 was offered with Boleros!

16" Avus are my first choice..

followed by these chaps . .

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrath View Post
        When i first bought my car it had some violet H&R springs that where softer then soft,
        Then i changed them to OEM sportsprings that where stiffer then stiff. And now when i changed shocks to bilstein with eibach springs the damping feel good (as the bog shocks where shot long ago) but rear springs are way to soft, on hard acceleration it feels like tyres dissapear in the wheel arches, and of course the stance aint that good as the rear are like 30mm lowerd (20mm with OEM sport springs) and front 25mm (20mm with oem sport springs) should have lowerd 35mm

Feels almost like I should try just to change back to OEM rear sportsprings just to get a normal stance and stiffer rear end. But total height will still be to high. And with H&R it seems like you need camberplates, with 2bennet people seem to have problem with noise and bad quality and with Thuppus it will raise The front 20mm. Seem to be stuck in no-mans land
        the H&R with violet plus very softer and softer than 01E sport spring is what i have on mine. H&R VA 29828-1.this photo has been taken on during 2005-2006.I had Koni Yellow mated with H&R at that time.
        one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

• Macspring:

Any chance of a picture with the 29800 / bilstein combo?
          1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
          2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
          2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
          2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• Hi Wrath,

Taken some random ones today which should work, so will arrange for another member to post them for me.

It is has a similar 'stance' to Pop's, but the wheels are much nicer.

It is also similar levels, (front to rear comparison), to Gene's blue saloon, but about an inch and a quarter lower at both ends.

Comment

• Looking forward for those pics.

Sent via Crapatalk
              UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrath View Post

Wrath, was just re-examining the photo in the first post of this thread, I would say your rear spring 'stance' is a fraction lower than my H&R 29800 spring kit, but my front springs are certainly lower then yours in the same photo.

In rough terms your front spring gap is four fingers and mine is two fingers, and mine are nice and comfortable. Certainly not rock hard and 'crashy'. They're tight like oem springs. Speed ramps are not any worst because of the springs.

As we all know speed ramps are a pita unless you're in a baja bug. :roll eyes:

Buying the H&R 29800 spring kit just to get the front springs might be a pita from an expense point of view, but given where you are now it could be the 'least worst option'.

Also you could actually use the matching rear springs out of the H&R 29800 kit if you have some grooves 'cut' into the body of the Bilstein rear shocks.

Cheaper than migrating to KW3.

Comment

• Photo of macsprings with H&R 29800 / Bilstein.

Attached Files
                  91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                  93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                  94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

• Looks nice and really well balanced . .

Comment

• The photo isn't the best I could have taken, it looks better from a rear three quarter view.

Also the road it was parked on had a bit of a fall away on the drivers side making the passenger a small fraction higher, compared to a perfectly level road.

But as mentioned, very pleased with the H&R 29800 spring kit with the Bilstein shocks.

Comment

• I do like your car Macboing,sorry Macspring It used to live close to me although i never knew it.If i hadn't of spent the money on the Cabriolet i would have pounced on it. Can you get a photo of your car on a nice bit of flat ground, i would love to see how she really sits. I love the wheels and i might find myself becoming a polishing frenchman with swapping wheels around.

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                        96 URS6 plus speck estate
                        94 2.6 80 Avant
                        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Will order that kit when im done with the things im messing with at the new house
                          Wallpapers, windows electric and stuff takes all my time, but im done soon enough
                          1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
                          2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
                          2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
                          2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• Just thought I'd update this thread on my experiences since the UrS6 has had its H&R 29800 springs kit and Billeting shocks in place for a few weeks.

On the surface of it I had thought while the car had been lowered it was not lowered enough but I now realise any lower and it would be problematic when it comes to speed ramps and multi storey car parks, as it is a daily.

From a distance the car looks suitable nice as regards it's ride height, up close you think it could be lower but as mentioned I'm over that now as the current 'stance' looks good and is practical.

Buying Bilstein Sports Shocks and H&R 29800 Spring Kit is expensive, but if your UrS6 is a keeper or your old shocks are shot, I can recommend the above combination. The car is much tighter and lower and no longer looks like a 4 x 4, but not so low that it causes issues with speed bumps and proud manhole covers, and multi storey car parks.

I'm pleased with it.

HTH.

Comment

• Do you have a side on shot of your car, MacS?

Comment

• Hi 'Gene',

See post # 128 in this thread.

Kind regards.

Comment

Working...
                                X