Clear All

3.89 for 5spd and 4.11 for 6spd maybe?
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
      I think it was the V6s that got 3.89, v6 100 and v6 cq were 3.89, I5 in 90s, cq, S2, 100 s4 etc were 4.11.

Not a clue on Autos, never held any interest
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
        3.89 would lower the cruise rpm. And make something explode if it does not match the front diff.
        As i typed the question in knew that would come up. A bit like using a 70 profile tyre on the rear and a 40 on the front.
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Thats interesting though. If your going for 350bhp with the K24 7400 having a lower ratio will help fuel economy, you certainly wouldn't need a higher ratio to help propel the car with the power Volvo turbo provides.
          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
            Thanks Dave for the info,the cars a manual and i'm afraid to say after doing what you said it's a fraction under 4 turns. I wonder whats needed to make it a 1 : 4.11
            Try counting again. According to the chart I provided, a 193 hp ACK V6 (which I presume is the 30V engine) should have the CKF 37/9 = 4.11 rear diff.

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
            Janis: Did you look at that chart? Even the small 2.67L V6 Auto got the CKF 4.11 rear diff. All the 5 spds manuals got the CKF. The 2.8L and 3.0L V6 autos got the CKL 3.89 35/9 rear diff.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Sorry Dave, missed that.
              '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
              '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                Try counting again. According to the chart I provided, a 193 hp ACK V6 (which I presume is the 30V engine) should have the CKF 37/9 = 4.11 rear diff.

Dave ,i was turning what would be the propshaft flange on the diff and counting that to one revolution of the driveshaft flange,but it didn't make it by a few mm .Would that be correct? So i guess if i continue turning the propshaft part of the diff flange to complete a whole turn of the driveshaft flange then i would get 4:11 wouldn't i?
                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                  Dave ,i was turning what would be the propshaft flange on the diff and counting that to one revolution of the driveshaft flange,but it didn't make it by a few mm .Would that be correct? So i guess if i continue turning the propshaft part of the diff flange to complete a whole turn of the driveshaft flange then i would get 4:11 wouldn't i?
                  My suggestion was to turn an output shaft flange enough times to rotate the input flange 360 degrees. Marking reference marks on the flange and the diff with chalk or the like helps with the counting.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                    My suggestion was to turn an output shaft flange enough times to rotate the input flange 360 degrees. Marking reference marks on the flange and the diff with chalk or the like helps with the counting.
                    I read that but not sure which is which the reason why i have just done what i mentioned in my previous post. I have marked both flanges and have turned the prop flange just over 4 turns for 1 complete revolution of the driveshaft flange. Good?
                    94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                      I read that but not sure which is which the reason why i have just done what i mentioned in my previous post. I have marked both flanges and have turned the prop flange just over 4 turns for 1 complete revolution of the driveshaft flange. Good?
                      I probably got confused about what you Brit's call the long thick bendy pipey thingy that connects the transmission to the rear diff and what you call the the stiff non-bendy skinny pipey things that go from the rear diff to the rear wheels.

Whatever.

As long as you can count to 4 and estimate that it the result is slightly more or slightly less than 4. I think it should be slightly more than 4. Of course if you had a PN on the diff or a colour code that would be another useful piece of data to work from.

Comment

• As Dave told, only automatics have different ratio, all others have 4:11. I run a V6 2.6 manual rear diff in my UrS, it's just the same as the orginal. That is good to know as if you break the rear diff you can find a new one quite cheap.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Many thanks guys, as i said, doing it my way i'm getting more than 4 turns,so thats a superb result
                          meaning this little beauty after some refinishing can be swapped over lock stock and barrel.

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                          X