Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Stickers have come back from the printers. I’m quite pleased.

And fitted to wheels.

Just need to sort the centre cap ones now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• K Simmonds
    replied
    That's also a very good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Cheers Kit. Another option will be to get the boy to 3d print some for me when back from Uni next

Leave a comment:

• K Simmonds
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
    Cheers Kit.
    You are not the first to notice the boxes. I picked them up in Tescos to use as packing to prevent them knocking about. I hardly drink at all these days
    Yeah, I'm not surprised you hardly drink these days, anyone with any sense wouldn't drink at all or at most very rarely and your one of the most down to earth chaps I know. Still over a month dry for me again now, I do still think about it, but it's more feelings of embarrassment and regret as opposed to cravings.

Another thought on the centre caps... If you want simple flat ones it wouldn't be too difficult to get someone to turn them on a lathe out some alloy stock, all it needs to be is a disc with a chamfered off face with a groove around the edge for a retention spring clip to sit in, I know someone who's got the machining skills to do this if need be. Without CAD it might take a bit of trial and error to get the first one spot on but once you've got one for reference it wouldn't really take that long to turn the other four or five depending on how many spare's you want to keep in stock.
    Last edited by K Simmonds; 10 March 2022, 07:03.

Leave a comment:

• Rubberdubber
    replied
    If you do make the ones from Stickers I would be interested to see how they turn out. I have been thinking about getting some stickers made up for just this purpose, different car but rare, expensive centre caps.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Cheers Kit.
    You are not the first to notice the boxes. I picked them up in Tescos to use as packing to prevent them knocking about. I hardly drink at all these days

Leave a comment:

• K Simmonds
    replied
    Those rims look lovely, will finish the car off perfectly, I actually thought Ronal made the original wheels for Nothelle, I guess they used different manufacturers from year to year. Getting caps is probably going to be a PITA unless you get lucky and someone just happens to have a set knocking about, or knows what part number they are.

I have some Italian wheels that were on my S2, different manufacturer but the dimensions sound close so I'll measure them up, you never know they may cross over. Obviously I want them but if by some miracle they fit it would at least give you a part No from a know design to try obtain. Also have access to a plethora of dead alloys at work that I could check, as always you will have to bare with me a little.

Those boxes make it look like I spent the afternoon in there. Bad joke, but one has to able to laugh at ones self.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
    Bingo!
    Very nice Dave, I forgot about this style of Nothelle wheel. They'll look great on your avant. Who makes them, is it ronal?
    Now they are clean, made in Italy and Zeuss stamped inside.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Anyone know what wheel caps will fit my Nothelle alloys? In the inside they have made in Italy and Zeuss.
    The hole diameter is 59mm outside with a lip inside at 56mm. I have had some Nothelle stickers re made. Flat would be best. I don’t have the originals unfortunately.
    From a previous Audi driver magazine article, Nothelle were using OZ wheels on their conversions but I can’t see OZ anywhere on the wheel and these do not match the wheels in the article.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Simmonds
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

Don't worry. I didn't drink it all in one night
    We’d completely understand if you had Dave, S2 ownership can drive you to it.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by LSG View Post
    All the box's around the wheels tell a story Dave The wheel look realy good too
    Don't worry. I didn't drink it all in one night

Leave a comment:

• LSG
    replied
    All the box's around the wheels tell a story Dave The wheel look realy good too

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Got my Nothelle wheels back from powder coating. Unfortunately the Nothelle badges were just stickers and came off when sand blasted. I have spoken to a local sign maker and they are re producing a set for me. I also need to find hubcap’s as the originals were missing.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by LSG View Post
    We have a double winner. A green ABY coupe and at last the wheels for the Avant. Very happy for you Dave. I bet your chuffed
    Well chuffed mate

Leave a comment:

• LSG
    replied
    We have a double winner. A green ABY coupe and at last the wheels for the Avant. Very happy for you Dave. I bet your chuffed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X