No announcement yet.

New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry guys. Tapatalk has put the pics in the wrong order. If anyone needs/wants a tutorial I can do on a separate thread.
    Getting the old bearing out was not that easy. We had used some bearing fit to see if we could take up the play. It went with quite a bang.
    The new bearing and hub both went in really easily and the tool has a self centre action.
    Last edited by Tractor Dave; 6 September 2019, 18:23.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
      I took her for a drive and all play is gone.

Comment

• Good news Dave
        She must be nearly finished now?

Btw you can edit the post in Tapatalk, cut and paste the pics in the correct order

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by John. View Post

Proper drive tomorrow
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Can you take some photos of the old hub and some measurements from that part that goes into the bearing?
            1989 Audi 80 Quattro
            1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• Excellent news, well done

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                Good news Dave
                She must be nearly finished now?

Btw you can edit the post in Tapatalk, cut and paste the pics in the correct order
                Yep, nearly there. I have issues with my Speedo and trip but I've bought another set here. Hopefully coming tomorrow. Then I have the gearbox part to change ( got one here) and minor adjustments to doors then paint!
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by M2ki View Post
                  Can you take some photos of the old hub and some measurements from that part that goes into the bearing?
                  Sure. Will do.
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Good work....!
                    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Comment

• The old hub

And the best measurements I can get

It doesn’t look worn to me. No blueing or ridges. It obviously was though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Really weird, looks totally normal and measurements seem ok.
                          1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                          1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• You can't measure a bearing fit accurately enough with a good vernier, let alone one out of a Christmas cracker

I expect I can tell you the problem though - counterfeit parts from Autodoc.
                            I had the exact same problem recently with a pair of FAG wheel bearings from them, as well as a fake Reinz headgasket
                            Will make it more public when I have time. I will never buy again from those *****. :corey:
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Nice work Tractor Dave Looks like the new tool was a worthwhile investment
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                                You can't measure a bearing fit accurately enough with a good vernier, let alone one out of a Christmas cracker

I expect I can tell you the problem though - counterfeit parts from Autodoc.
                                I had the exact same problem recently with a pair of FAG wheel bearings from them, as well as a fake Reinz headgasket
                                Will make it more public when I have time. I will never buy again from those *****. :corey:
                                You are spot on there Alex. My VAG mechanic said he didn't have anything accurate enough to take a meaningful measurement of the hub and we were wasting our time trying. He said the hub just wasn't pre loading the bearing sufficiently.
                                The first wheel bearing came from Autodoc (they wanted me to pay to post it back - I told them where to go!). The second one came from Mr Auto (they took it back no problem). The third one (now fitted) came direct from SKF. My VAG man ordered one from TPS to compare. They were identical. Apparently £10k worth of fake SKF bearings were destroyed by trading standards recently. Even the guy from SKF wasn't able to distinguish them from the genuine article without opening up the bearing to inspect the internals. What I have now is working so I'm happy.
                                I've deleted my Autodoc app and will never use them again. I have several boxes of parts from them that don't fit my car and its not worth paying to post them back to Germany.
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X