No announcement yet.

New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with the project. There is plenty of knowledge here on items that you may need to work out.

Tractor Dave I have enabled the for sale bit for you too
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by newsh

Message replied to.
      Twice
      Have to go into the web forum to send messages and it’s very confusing!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Check every drain hole in the body. When the drains are clogged the rust can start eating your car from the inside. It happened on my B4Q and I had to get cracking with the welder.

Comment

Thanks Rudpavv. I will do that. Leaves are the killers. They break down, build up and form a bung. Keep away from the trees in the Autumn! All year actually as they drip sap in the summer which is corrosive to your paint!
          Thanks Greg. I will get listing.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

On the subject of brakes. What Porsche callipers work for the front upgrade? I've seen that 911 (993) callipers are good but they are like hens teeth but more expensive. Will others work?
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Hi, best of luck with your project, i for one would love to be able to help in whatever small way as i had a serious interest in buying this car 10 years ago when it was for sale i think leicester way. Sadly i got to the add a day late and despite my efforts seller was adamant it was sold to a Scottish guy. I still have the pics somewhere of it complete from the add but don't think they're in my Mac that replaced my old computer 2 years ago. I have posted up some photos of your car before whilst in conversation on here as it came up but these are now deep within the forum.I'll see if i can find them for you.
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

image_68112.jpgimage_68114.jpg Found them,the cars wearing it's Alcon Callipers and special discs and of course those stunning wheels.

image_47014.jpg
                96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                94 2.6 80 Avant
                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                  image_68112.jpgimage_68114.jpg Found them,the cars wearing it's Alcon Callipers and special discs and of course those stunning wheels.

image_47014.jpg
                  Wow- now that's something to aspire to- getting it back to that condition, and those wheels do suit the avant.
                  Good luck with project, and well done VDT for digging up the pics!

Comment

I am not sure what calipers it would have run originally, certaintly Alcon were used on some conversions. Those in the pics are AP CP5200 calipers judging by the stickers!
                    This sort of illustrates the problem of recreating something. Are you trying to duplicate what it was like when Scotts modified it or are you going to effectively enhance an Avant but without any of the Nothelle cache?
                    Back to the exhaust manifold. Audi did a better job with the RS2 one and presumably Wagner did a better job than the RS2 version. The same applies to the turbo and also the mapping. Same with the brakes as OE discs/Porsche calipers are easier to live with and cheaper to source.
                    So a sort of modern RS2 + spec would be easier to achieve as long as you are satisfied with a tidy Avant.
                    Just food for thought!

Comment

Wow, looks great!
                      No offence to previous owners, but the first thing I did when it arrived was to remove the tow bar!

At some stage the Alcon brakes where changed to AP. I have the original service history for the car and the Alcon brakes were quite troublesome, needing new discs and pads every 20K or so and often sticking. The AP brakes were also expensive to maintain. I have several invoices for the discs being replaced and they were mighty expensive as well. The service history also shows that the wheels were all changed for new original rims when the car had done about 100k. This was done at the Audi main dealer and cost a small fortune. It's clear that this car was well pampered and maintained regardless of cost during it's early life.

I've been busy all day cleaning surface rust from the engine bay. It's all going nicely and I managed to move the ProConTen cables to one side from their mounts to clean up the rust there. I haven't found any serious rust. Just surface rust, which when cleaned off back to metal I will treat with Hammerite Kurust. When that's cured, I will paint with a couple of coats of good quality zinc primer, then green top coat. It will take a while but I'm not likely to have this sort of access again!

Thanks to everyone here for all your help and guidance. You have a great forum here and should all be proud.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

The wheels don't look unlike the "larger style" Avus ?........what size are they.
                        Looked a very nice car, and back in good hands hopefully .

Comment

There were a couple of sets of 16” Avus on here in the for sale section. Spink had a set for sale I think and se-20?
                          I have a set with my winter tyres on, not used for a couple of years, but I think I also have a couple of spares if you find some odd ones to make a set.
                          Have a search (probably a sticky) for the Porsche Boxter S brake conversion most of us run, this uses A8 discs which can be bought cheaply and just fits under the original 16s. Uses the RS2 brackets

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Checkout your brake upgrade calipers here (no connection) but has the engraved logo which I feel would add that extra touch to originality! I'll also be listing some Nothelle thingies in the for sale section soon for spring clearout. Keep up the progress
                            Porsche 993 911 Biturbo / Audi RS2 Bremsanlage VA 322x32 alias ("BigRed") Mov-It / Nothelle...,Audi RS2 S2 Porsche MOVIT Nothelle Bremssättel 4 Kolben 322x32 in Sachsen - Freiberg
                            Cheers mis amigos,
                            _Anton

Comment

They look good. I will check them out.
                              Dave
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

The project has been going very slowly since Christmas due to the cold and damp weather. I must install a heater in my garage!
                                I have been working on the rust in the engine bay today. I decided to remove the pro con ten mounts today as there was rust behind the mounts that I couldn't reach and I didn't want to do half a job!
                                I was worried about removing these as the cables are quite complex. Anyway, I took some pics before and they actually came off very easily. I've cleaned them up and will be painting them black as original. They appear to be cast iron and therefor only lightly rusted. I will be painting the engine bay soon but it's too damp in my garage at the moment.
                                My next job will be to start putting the suspension and rear dif back together. Could someone please assist in the order I need to re-build? i.e. Do the sub frames go first, then build up the suspension parts? I have no idea what I should bolt up first. There must be an order to a re build but not having taken it apart in the first place, I need some help please.
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X