No announcement yet.

New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve never done an Avant but I imagine you can build the subframe with the wishbones on it and offer the whole thing up to the car.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

dont think that there is precice order to put it back together apart that the fuel tank goes before the subframe. helpfull is to mount the lower wishbones to the subframe before you get the subframe in.

Comment

I can supply you some brackets and discs for 996 TT / GT3 4 pots and 330x32 rotors
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

where does this pipe go? I've had a feel around inside the top of the tank and can't find anything it could join to. Two thin wires as well. Help!
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Pro con ten mounts all cleaned up nicely and re pained.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
              where does this pipe go? I've had a feel around inside the top of the tank and can't find anything it could join to. Two thin wires as well. Help!
              they connect to the feul pump and to the the cover of the tank that is in the picture.

Comment

Now I think I know what the problem is. The fuel pump is missing! It should be in the tank?
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                  Now I think I know what the problem is. The fuel pump is missing! It should be in the tank?
                  well thats not a wonder.. its in a plastic basket located in the fuel tank. if you would look directly in the hole you will find something like this... or not if the pump is missing =DDD

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...vNtGQnLTCkw9N0

Comment

Yes, the pump is missing! Just the basket is left.
                    The last owner was going to turn this into a track car and obviously started to prep it for the necessary mods. I suppose an upgraded fuel pump was one of the mods on the list.
                    Looking online, there is a large range in the price of replacements. From £30 to over £200. Has anyone got a recommendation?
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Be careful, a lot of pumps online are fakes/ copies.
                      Try to find a good second hand RS2 one or get one from Audi, I think I’d go for new..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

A quick update on progress.
                        Over the weekend I visited Josh in Pembrokeshire (previous owner) and collected some of the missing parts. I now have door cards and the original exhaust manifold but it is cracked. I'm told it is the Nothelle EM but it is stamped as an Audi part. Not sure what I have but I'm going to try and get it welded before I throw it in the bin! I successfully welded a 100 Quattro EM before but it was a non turbo. Worth a try.
                        I ordered a new fuel pump just before my trip. A genuine bosh pump. Not too expensive. However, I'm having difficulty removing the basket. I want to get it out as I can see lots of crud floating around under it and in the basket filter. It all needs a good clean out! I was reading another post re this issue and will be making a home made tool as suggested in that thread (can't remember who's it was, sorry). It's made from 4" waste pipe. He's in Northern Ireland I think, so thanks very much to you and very much enjoyed your thread, but now I can't find it again! I will post a pic when the tool is made in case anyone here may find it useful.
                        I'm visiting a local fabrication guy tomorrow to see if it's viable to re manufacture some fuel tank straps in stainless steel band. They seem quite simple to me and these will last forever. I've already bought the new stainless bolts in screwfix for a couple of quid. Audi wanted over £1 per bolt for galvanised steel!
                        I collected my new front wings from my local Audi dealer at the weekend. I was very pleased that they were half the price of Audi Tradition, but not so pleased that one was badly scratched!
                        My Porsche 993 calipers arrived last week. I'm very pleased with them. A lucky find on ebay. They are like new and have good pads, springs etc included in the price. I also have the discs but need to take them to my engineer to turn them down to the correct diameter.
                        Parts. Could anyone recommend a good single parts supplier in the UK? I need lots of bits and pieces to do the engine re build, subframe bushes, shocks, bearings etc. It would be nice to find one single reliable source. Any suggestions? Auto Doc Gmb have been good so far but I am concerned that if there is an issue, it's not too easy to sort out afterwards!
                        My 'ordered in haste' incorrect wheels arrived last week. If anyone wants a nice set of 16" Avus alloys 5x100! let me know. They were/are cheap.
                        Josh has a new baby as well. A nice S2 Coupe. Hopefully he will update everyone with his new project soon.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/98578.phtml

Comment

Rxl, thanks. Yes, that is the home made tool. I've just been trying to replicate that now but found my waste pipe is just over 4" and wont fit in the hole!
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Above is the cracked EM. Looks like it has had extensive welding before! Has Audi logo and part number 034129591J on it. Is this a standard ABY manifold?

So far failed to make the basket removal tool. Can't find any 4" pipe. Work in progress.
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X