No announcement yet.

New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to stop on the subframe as the smaller inner flexible pipes I got were the wrong size and have the incorrect ends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• autodoc again?

Comment

• Originally posted by rxl View Post
        autodoc again?
        No. UK seller this time! I think my fault this time. I entered the part number into ebay but didn't double check the results. I'm not buying anything from Autodoc again until my most recent purchase fiasco is resolved. Its currently with PayPal
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• One of my rear lights was cracked.

The same guy who sold me the fuel pipe had one and it’s cleaned up very nicely!

I still have one cracked fog light and one cracked indicator to replace.

Last edited by Tractor Dave; 26 August 2018, 10:30. Reason: Typo
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Having just got back on the forum this has got to be my favourite project at the moment, the effort your putting in is most impressive, it'll be well worth it once done! Have you had a chance to have spin in one yet, did Trist take you out in his? For a design that's knocking on for 30 years old their exceptionally quick, chipped stock is pretty dam rapid the N300 is basically as quick as an RS2, I seem to recall they always dyno a touch over 300BHP.

There really can't be many N300's left in the UK, I'm sure some members can recall that perfectly good one getting broken back when S2 Avants and tatty Coupes were getting broken up for part left right and centre. Very sad in hindsight but hey I guess the carnage kept better cars on the road and made surviving examples more valuable, but some really good cars got stripped for SWB projects etc.

Hope to see you next week and help you with some parts.
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds
              Having just got back on the forum this has got to be my favourite project at the moment, the effort your putting in is most impressive, it'll be well worth it once done! Have you had a chance to have spin in one yet, did Trist take you out in his? For a design that's knocking on for 30 years old their exceptionally quick, chipped stock is pretty dam rapid the N300 is basically as quick as an RS2, I seem to recall they always dyno a touch over 300BHP.

There really can't be many N300's left in the UK, I'm sure some members can recall that perfectly good one getting broken back when S2 Avants and tatty Coupes were getting broken up for part left right and centre. Very sad in hindsight but hey I guess the carnage kept better cars on the road and made surviving examples more valuable, but some really good cars got stripped for SWB projects etc.

Hope to see you next week and help you with some parts.
              Thanks for your kind comments.
              Yes, Trist very kindly took me for a long drive in his Avant. A very nice example and running really well. Smooth, powerful and composed.
              The Nothelle’s are rather special. Ive made a few interesting discoveries. Pretty much all of the suspension components are OE RS2!
              Looking forward to meeting up.
              Thanks Dave

Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Impressive work It's so satisfying to bolt on clean&shiny new stuff after working so hard to unbolt/unsieze/clean everything. Keep up the good work

Comment

• I had a good trip up to Brecon yesterday and met two enthusiastic forum members, Kit and Charlie.
                  They both have a fine collection of cars and were very generous with their S2 goodies.
                  I have been able to tick off a few more “lost” items and got to dribble over some stunning cars, all in one day!

I now have door handles!

The rear subframe is also taking shape

I love this tool!

Just don’t forget to put the nuts on first!

Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Yep - We have all done that! And yes that's the best flaring tool I've found - So easy to use and compact!

Comment

• Slow progress due to drainage work on the small holding and fencing before the wet weather comes.

Getting there with the subframe

Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Josh also found the gearchange linkage

It was a bit rusty so I cleaned it up and gave it a coat of Zinc.

Anyone know if you can still get the little boot on the links? I can't see it listed on 7zap.
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• you ment this one ? http://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Selec...TTE&model=0001

Comment

• That one is ok. There is a smaller one on the other joint.
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+80...711-711040/#26

Comment

• CV joints either replaced or cleaned and new grease with new boots.

And about to be fitted.

Is this really meant to be torqued to 60ft/pounds? Seems high!

Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X