No announcement yet.

New S2 Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah went with 996 mono block calipers with 323mm discs and bambridge brackets and rs2 brake lines. just got to find couple of hours to fit. got a new brake bomb too to get rid of annoying bleep

Comment

new interior

When i bought the car the one thing I would have liked was the carbon trim. Yesterday i saw a forum member was selling a late leather interior with carbon trim.
      Well i have bought it and cleaned the leather tonight it has come up mint.
      Plus I have sold my old interior to re-coup the money.

I love the look of the later leather, i prefer the trim style.
      Attached Files

Comment

well the brake calipers and discs are on the car i just need to fit the rs2 hard lines and bleed them.
        also my brother changed the brake accumulator for me today. fair play to him with a little swearing he had it done in an hour. at last i can start the car without 3 bleeps and a red warning light. happy or what.!

Comment

finally found a spare hour and finished fitting the big brake conversion to my s2 today. after 10 miles the bite is already noticeable. however the brake feel isn't much different. a bit more than before but that could be the new bomb. when i get chance ill get a picture up. Thanks for all advice given from other forum members!

Comment

update!

its been a while since i added to this thread. the s2 is sporting the new interior. new lenso bsx rims and new tires. i have had the back bumper re painted a couple of tiny dents on near side quartersorted and the wind screen out. while it was out i had the roof re sprayed to cover some bird lime marks removed. while it was in the booth some lacquer on off side quarter was sorted. well after a block and mop she is gleaming. my new screen goes in Thursday so it Will actually be bonded to the car. not like the old one. can't wait to drive her again.

Comment

Sounds pretty good mate. Then when are you going to start using it? Lol

Comment

Luckily enough it's a second car, but she does get some use. The new screen goes in tomorrow. Then once I get a free day I'll get the a pillar trims on with rivets this time and get her cleaned up. Bring on the snow!

Comment

Did you manage to get the Autocheck display cured of its bleeding ?
                  Mines doing the same and would be interested to see what prices are like to cure.

Comment

No mate probably the one thing remaining. Did go after 2 I saw advertised but they sell very quick. I'm not fussed about watching the display but it looks a little messy bled out. Oh well. The new leak free screen makes up for it.

Comment

My car is the back on the road. Im not sure whether the door seals will prove themselves to be water tight yet though.
                      I would love to ask which person decided that the A Pillar trim and door seal design was a good idea. t put me in one very very bad mood and still dont think its right????!!!
                      One good thing, my windscreen keeps wind and water out and is free of cracks/chips.

Comment

Get some pics up if you can of how it is now. Glad its on the road, it looks good in previous pics along with the back to the future clio

Comment

weather permiting i'll take some pics later and stick him on the thread.

I washed the car ( during my nght shift) andthe drivers side door seal still leaks a little. What an over complicated affair that lot is.

Comment

Pictures. Not the best as it was a bit grey out

new pic
                            Attached Files

Comment

for some reason the external pics wont upload ill try later

Comment

pics Will be up loaded later. i hope you guys like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X