New S2 Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
    I have another question. When i get the car on full lock or somewhere near at low speed on tarmas=c it feels as though the tyres are grabbing on side walls.
    I'm thinking this is a characteristic of the quattro system as the centre diff is being worked etc. However I still have a niggle that something is wrong. Anyone shed any light on this.
    My wifes TT doesn't do this but that said I understand the HAldax system used in the TT etc is very different and the power is geared mainly to the front most of the time.
    Somebody please set my mind at ease that this is a characteristic of the car.
    The only other things to mention is front tyres have about 4 mm left and i haven't had it 4 wheel aligned yet...
    I have noticed this occasionally, but only when on full lock at low speeds
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

happens a lot with permanent 4wd at high steering angles, the rear wheels are trying to push the front wheels straight on, while the front wheel are trying to turn, so the front tyres scrub a little bit. 'Its much worse with bad alignment, but if thats all ok, there is nothing to worry about they all do it a little. Haldex won't do it as its not permanent 4wd.
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Fellow Panthero owner. Like Tropical Green I'm sure it used to be a colour only available on S2s in the SouthWest.

You need to change your flag. Unless you really are in the US. Stating your location can also help you. In case local help may be on offer.

When you say the steering is light, do you still have the Servotronic PAS plugged in?

I would also post a wanted up for an ABY IC-intake pipe hose. It's a big improvement over the old multi-joint 3B accordion POS. There are usually plenty of old ABY boost hoses around.

I'm glad you're getting stuck in, and getting the rewards from the car.
        SS

Comment

Panthero owners unite

WE NEED PICS
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Finally a couple of pics for you.

[ATTACH]P1030076.jpg[/ATTACH]
            I've given it a good cut back and polish since the photo was taken. It's amazing how much muck comes off the paintwork. Needless to say it looks even better now.

Thanks for advice re 4wd system. It's pretty much what i thought was happening e.g. rears pushing front etc but just wanted re-assuring.

Yes the car does have servo tronic steering. I'm considering pulling the fuse. I'll see.

And finally i'm not American, I'm from the slightly less interesting Birmingham. Nw living in Redditch, Worcs. If I can figure it out i'll change my flag. ta.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice car, like the bolleros. You can try unpluging the servotronic ECU under the rear seat and see how that feels. Who's is the B6 avant?
              I used to work in Avlechurch. My old boss used to say they should use Redditch as a nuclear test site
              I think Willg54 is in your neck of the wood when he's not at work
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

The A4 is mine it's my daily. I also have a MK2 Golf in alpine white in the garage, I sold my MK1 16v Caddy to fund S2, and the wife drives a BAM engined TT. I have influenced my entire family into driving VAG cars. Brother in law has a T25 syncro. Brother has a mk2 polo coupe and an Audi coupe 16v. Old man has a Passatt CC in laws have Skoda Octavia and VW Touran. Most of my mates are into VAG cars too.Corrado's, Mk2 Golfs, couple of mk1's etc. I think i would say I have an addiction.
                But as I explain to the wife it's my only vice. With the exception of cycling that is.P1030073.jpg

P1030075.jpg

P1030079.jpg

Comment

Oh and when you compare it to Erdington in Birmingham Redditch in very nice. But I can see what your boss was getting at. Some of the people here look as though they were tested on.

Comment

P1030078.jpg

one for rusty. new dials. trhanks

Comment

Very nice s2, I like the bolero alloys. You will probably find that a lot of other members also have other VAG cars and also quite a few also drive Mk2 golf myself included. Good luck with the s2!
                      96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Personally after owning VAG cars for 10 years or so I couldn't consider owning anything else. Couple of mates have wondered a couple of times and owned French tosh and Fords but have seen sense again.
                        By the way MK2's are the best cars ever..... especially 8 valves in my opinion. Owned a couple of 16's but a well sorted 2 litre 8 valve will stay with them up to 110 then run out of gearing and revs.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
                          Oh and when you compare it to Erdington in Birmingham Redditch in very nice. But I can see what your boss was getting at. Some of the people here look as though they were tested on.
                          He he, I lived in Erdington for 3 years, that place is too unique for a nuclear test site, those creatures need to be studied. It's where they hired all the extras for the walking dead
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Birmingham is infinitely more interesting than America (how's that for sweeping statement of the day?)

Great to see a 3B getting properly cherished! I may have some hoses for you, I'll have a look. Good move on the dial faces It looks like you need a trip computer module? Sure someone on here will have one.

As suggested. Lift the back seat and unplug the servotronic controller, it's still light but more predictable. Its on the driver's side IIRC, the other ECU is the ABS.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

Why is the 3G thought to be the poorer of the engines? 10 bhp is nothing. It appears mine has been legally de fatted with stainless system and has a panel filter. Thats roughly 8 bhp extra:hurray . Anyone know how much a new screen would be? it appears mine is leaking along top edge and will need new one bonding. Car is on my trade policy so would be easier to pay outright.

Comment

I mean 3b

Comment

Working...
                                X