Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have updated the search function on the front page so it should now show the threads last updated on the main forums, the ordering was set differently to the others
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• With the forum styling being updated and the default style not being perfect would members prefer:
      1. The current dark style which has some issues until we fix them
      2. Blue Green which has a lighter background on threads
      3. Black Red which has a lighter background on threads and the main site
      Greg

Comment

• nah, green is more for the Prius forum
        I'll manage with the current dark style

Comment

• All, we will be changing the default forum style to "black red" later this week as the dark style still requires many changes to get it working effectively. The default style has colours that are quite bright by comparison. For those that prefer the darker style this can be selected as your preference at the bottom left of the site.
          Greg

Comment

• The area available for writing is very small on mobile...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• I think its more that your phone keyboard is taking up more than 50% of your screen
              S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• I just posted on the projects through tapatalk and it doesn't appear on the forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                  I think its more that your phone keyboard is taking up more than 50% of your screen

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                    I just posted on the projects through tapatalk and it doesn't appear on the forum
                    There is an outstanding issue with vbulletin on this very problem. I think its a caching problem. It will show in the search results, but not necessarily first at present.
                    Greg

Comment

• All, I have updated the default style for the site to Blue Green Dark. This is a mildly tweaed version of the default Blue Green style that darkens the background of threads a bit to take the glare off the bright white. Constructive feedback is welcome. Unfortunately building a dark theme just like we had before is much of challenging on this version due to all the hard coded styles all over the place. I am hoping that with some more changes like this we can make the site a bit more appealing.
                      Greg

Comment

• I don't know if you have noticed these issues, but I say them here:

- Private message search doesn't find messages that are older than the forum update
                        - When searching for my own started topics from My profile -> About -> Find all started topics, the results are in mixed order, you have to click ascending and then descending to get them in order from the newest to oldest.
                        - Forum index side doesn't show if there are new posts in some area. Old forum had the red thingy that showed if there was new posts.
                        - Basic search result outfit is really complicated, not clear at all, would be better if it shows the thread name only. Then you can do a search in that specific thread.
                        - Search in threads doesn't work
                        - Still not all posts are visible on the forum main side, for example project area messages doesn't show up
                        - "Whats going on" info would be nice to have on the forum index side. Would be better if it showes the nick name not the avatar, as all doesn't have avatar.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Thuppu, I was talking to Andy abotu this today and he is going to look at the minor version upgrade this weekend. For the search parts we will need to update the indexes to get them working I think.

I will see if the whats going on info can be changed easily
                          Greg

Comment

• Images gone wrong in tapatalk.
                            Ok, i can read json, but it's still unusable to 90% of users.

5vtq gte

Comment

• That is a bit of a weird quirk and bad implemenation between tapatalk and VBulletin. TBH we are considering moving to Xenforo as VBbulletin is just a bit crap these days
                              Greg

Comment

• Quite strange that it converts the IMG tags like that..? I have put the images with basic tags: [IMG]xxx[/IMG]

Because if the stupidity of this forum software I always have to write the message and add pics on our finnish forum, and then copy everything here. With mobile it's just a pain to add more than one pic. It really shouldn't be so.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                                Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                                BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                                BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X