Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed, I expect we will be changing the software sooner than we had planned
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• I have noticed that some threads that I have posted in do not get populated in the latest posts section on the main page.
      Is this because those threads are before the update?
      Is it my settings?

I had thought the activity around here was super slow; now I wonder if I'm missing some of it.
      //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

• All, its been a little while since we "Upgraded" the forum software. Both Sonic and I are very frustrated at the issues we are having with the new forum software and are considering another migration to completely different forum software from xenforo. I have setup a demo site here http://072b040ff5458709.demo-xenforo.com/200/index.php you can login with admin admin which will be up for the next 3 days.

Please take a look at post your feedback as we will likely migrate to this software and get rid of vbulletin
        Greg

Comment

• At first glance i like it, easy to post, search seems to work as expected too. I also had a quick play with colors, will take some time to figure out all the options but there is a basic S2Forum theme i setup to test with..
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

• Originally posted by mcandmar
            At first glance i like it, easy to post, search seems to work as expected too. I also had a quick play with colors, will take some time to figure out all the options but there is a basic S2Forum theme i setup to test with..
            Yeah it sends too be quite intuitive to use and a much simpler structure for adminstration too. I'm going to read a bit more of the docs over the weekend before we look at migrating

Last edited by Greg_S; 16 December 2017, 20:56.
            Greg

Comment

• Looks ok to me. If Tapatalk works ok with it then even better as I can't reply to pm with the setup as is.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

• Did a quick login and test. Looks like a good base for the forum. The current one has some strange behavior that seem to drive people away from the forum and only visit the Facebook page regualar.
                I had some problems aswell with new topics and my RS2 project page not showing on the main page after posting. That way nobody will see that I added something, making the effort of posting something not worth it.
                1967 fiat 500 future project
                1976 audi 100 coupe S
                1989 vw corrado 16V
                1989 audi 90 quattro 20V sport
                1994 audi RS2 project
                1994 audi RS2 parts car
                1995 audi RS2 project

Comment

• Yeah the bugs with recent posts are really annoying along with a host of other issues that we have found. We have been very disappointed at how bad the now software is
                  Greg

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                    Yeah the bugs with recent posts are really annoying along with a host of other issues that we have found.
                    recent posts you mean bringing thread to the top of main page ?
                    or it is about that I can't see anymore what I've been posting through ''My Recent Posts'' ? on 4th January it was still OK........
                    And it is not showing to me what I've been posting later.

Comment

• Yeah more recent posts on threads should appear first. We may need to rebuild the post indexes again
                      Greg

Comment

• Could you please look into "s2forum" color scheme?

You can't read anything from the menus when pressing "..." on a post, see attachment.

The same error also occurs other places. It seems that we have light grey background and white text making impossible to read.
                        Attached Files
                        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Jonas can you try on the "Blue Green Dark" scheme please
                          Greg

Comment

• All good with blue dark green.
                            Attached Files
                            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Also forum search is fübar. Can't get the search result in any chronological order... makes it very hard to find anything.

Edit.

Got it working. Seems to be so many options for the search... Could you please change the default search settings to Date - Started post, Descending and view Topics?

Edit2.

Could you please turn off the function that when you add a image with the forum image post option the image will be visible in the editor window. It makes it very hard to post more than one image with your mobile phone. It would be a lot easier if the image link shows up as text. Now I always have to manually type in [IMG]xxx[/IMG] tags if I wan't to post more than one picture at ones.
                              Last edited by Thuppu; 8 June 2018, 07:25.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                                Also forum search is fübar. Can't get the search result in any chronological order... makes it very hard to find anything.
                                Search function is non-existent now, you can put search terms in that you know for a fact exist and it still does not find them!

sigpic
                                1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                                1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                                1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Working...
                                X