Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying an S2 Coupe - Am I walking into a world of pain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, the included instructions should tell you all about it.

Comment

• The supplied cap from Bilstein does not fit my strut.
      shock6.jpg

Or am I missing something here.

Comment

• Now that is a problem, everything else is as should be, but that is not.... quick call to Bilstein should get you the right cap.

Comment

• I'm not sure if you can just use different caps. But it looks like you need Bilstein 34-030868. These are the ones I have fitted to my coupe and I have a spare here to go on. It has a thread cap diameter of 55mm and a tube diameter of 45mm.

Comment

• The shocks for my coupe had the same diameter tube front and back, just different caps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colesy View Post
              I'm not sure if you can just use different caps. But it looks like you need Bilstein 34-030868. These are the ones I have fitted to my coupe and I have a spare here to go on. It has a thread cap diameter of 55mm and a tube diameter of 45mm.
              Yes they could the the shocks I need, on the phone now to order them.

Comment

• Don't forget to order the strut cap tool also.

Comment

• If I can find the shocks... may end up going koni

Comment

• Remember having a nightmare when I bought mine years ago sent 2 sets back got the right ones on the 3rd attempt

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
                      The supplied cap from Bilstein does not fit my strut.
                      shock6.jpg

Or am I missing something here.
                      S2 struts are unique to S2's as far as I remember awkward as always

Comment

• Yes, you need Billy's 34-030868 for the front. They will come with the tool to do up the top nut with the seal in it but not the rubber gaiter iirc. Don't forget to do the "Billy mod" and drill a small breather hole at the bottom of any strut you fit Billy monotubes to (there's a sticky on here about it, https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...ll#post2105783).

You can fit KYB 366008 to the rear if you want to save £200+ on using Billys on the rear. (They are narrower than the inside of the rear 55mm strut but come with a spacer to fit them)
                        Last edited by johne; 9 November 2021, 23:44.

Comment

Working...
                        X