Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying an S2 Coupe - Am I walking into a world of pain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a bigger 7 row oil cooler and stainless bracket mounting from Andy p , excellent quality and works really well

Comment

• Does anyone know where I can get front shocks for the ABY model. The ones that were stated to fit from zf parts catalogue don't fit.

Comment

• The oil cooler is the same as VW T2 etc. Part no 113-117-021 available from VW Heritage. Seals = 021-117-151/A

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffstoo View Post
          The oil cooler is the same as VW T2 etc. Part no 113-117-021 available from VW Heritage. Seals = 021-117-151/A
          That's for the 3B cars. ABY uses a different oil cooler. As for shocks 895 413 503 C is your OEM. I seem to recall I fitted RS2 shocks to one of mine as they were easier to get and cheaper
          Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

• Thanks been pulling my hair out all day about this, do they fit into the standard S2 ABY strut.

Comment

• Sorry didn't know that. I thought they were all the same. Every day is a school day.

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
                Thanks been pulling my hair out all day about this, do they fit into the standard S2 ABY strut.
                Yes, RS2 and S2 use the same strut
                Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

• You need 55mm diameter. I don't think there are many options. Bilstien and Koni seem the only (expensive) options. You could try Quattro corner as he did have some Boge left a while back.
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
                    Does anyone know where I can get front shocks for the ABY model. The ones that were stated to fit from zf parts catalogue don't fit.
                    Get Bilston B6 gas struts much better

Comment

• Anyone know of a trick of pressing in the subframe bushes in? I've done bushes before but not this type, and they are proving to be a complete pain in the ...

Shown in the photo below the red line is the exact dimeter of the subframe hole, so when you try and press the bush in the rubber either side shown by the orange line is just pushed backward and it gets to the point when it starts to damage the rubber. I've tried warning the rubber in hot water to make it more pliable covered it in grease but it's the same issue the 3mm ring of rubber is just push backwards rather then compressed and has no where to go other than backwards and then get ripped off. Anyone done this before

Screenshot 2021-10-31 164201.jpg

Comment

• I have found this thread where the bush is elongated, but what he does not say is how is pressed the bush in while still attached to the puller. https://www.motorgeek.com/threads/ru...8/#post-699378

Comment

• This is well known on the forum as a PITA to do and most of use have taken the easy option and bought ploy bushes. Verkline are very good.
                          Apparently, Audi used a cone type tool that squeezes and presses the bush in.
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I have to say I used black poly bushes so they are firm but not ridiculous and look standard at a glance.. I didn't want garish purples and yellows etc .

Comment

• Poly bush is a serious option, looking at the powerflex heritage range which is a 2 piece bush so would be very easy to fit. If I cannot figure out how to press these dam things in think poly bush will be the way to go.

Comment

• Most people seem to give up on pressing in the OEM bushes after destroying a couple. Poly ones are the much easier route. Even solid aluminium sub frame bushes hardly increase noise and I've not heard anyone unhappy with poly bushes. Powerflex & Supaflex are very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X