Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying an S2 Coupe - Am I walking into a world of pain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..... except yours will have a Superchips label fixed to it

Comment

• Well your wrong no superchip label

But you can see someone has been in there. Not f happy at all.

Comment

• Where the hell can I find a standard ECU?

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
          Where the hell can I find a standard ECU?
          Now that, sadly will be a challenge.

I was saying to Tractor Dave the other day that S2’s are doing exactly the same as Ur Quattro’s did, in that people are moving away from modified and reverse engineering to standard. With our Ur we were lucky to find an unmodified ECU through someone else’s misfortune (car written off). All three Motronic 20vT ECUs I’ve got are modified and I can’t recall seeing a stock one for sale for years.
          85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
            I’d have a quick look inside first to see if there’s even a spring. There was a (horror) photo on here about a year ago of someone (apologies, can’t remember whom) who found no spring and something like a 24mm socket holding the wastegate shut.
            That was me a Bahco pipe!
            https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

• And yes it kinda tried to push 3-3.5 bar into my engine according to my boost gauge. Went into "limp mode" 2 times before I understoud or saw what happened think it went ok, but still..
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 3 photos.
              https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

Where the hell can I find a standard ECU?
                Maybe your best bet would be to speak nicely to Newsh and ask him to 're load the original S2 map for you ( if possible) ?
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by larsaskogstad View Post
                  And yes it kinda tried to push 3-3.5 bar into my engine according to my boost gauge. Went into "limp mode" 2 times before I understoud or saw what happened think it went ok, but still..
                  Lol… that was just incredible.

B5NUT, take solace in the fact there’s always some poor sod out there worse off than you!
                  93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• I've sent a message to Newsh.

Is there anything else that gets modified, so far I've found the ECU, N75 & wastegate

Comment

I've sent a message to Newsh.

Is there anything else that gets modified, so far I've found the ECU, N75 & wastegate
                      Oh hell yes!
                      That's just the beginning.
                      Rods, EM, downpipe and exhaust, valves, coils, injectors etc, etc
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• From the looks of things that's all standard and has never been touched.

What I mean is back in the 90's or 00's, if you when into superchips for a remap then they modified the ECU & wastegate and unplugged the N75 valve. This there anything else they would have touched, as part of the remap?

Comment

• I think that’s exactly the point, they probably tuned the S2 the same way they did Ur Quattros of the era which wasn’t remapping at all. They merely disabled the overboost protection (and N75 on the S2) then screwed the wastegate to the floor. The German tuners were remapping more as we know it today with Nothelle, MTM and SMS all offering actual chip based products alongside mechanical changes. Most modified S2’s of the era were stock internally.
                          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• Well, someone has been into the ECU as you can see from the picture below. I've put the car back to how it was until I can find someone to help return the ECU to stock. I have backed off the bolt on the wastegate cap so the spring is not so compressed.

Does anyone know if that ECU was a chip replacement or is it just the case of flashing back the original map. As it will most likely be harder to find the original chip.

ecu1.jpg

Comment

As Edd China would Say Top tip! When you by a car from your local Audi dealer for christ sake don't let them service it!

What do you think due for replacement
                              airsomething1.JPG
                              Filter was so dirty it's been sucked towards the fan and age has helped it fall apart.

airsomething2.JPG
                              Looks like its had a replacement screen fitted in the past. Poor fitting can often be the cause of water ingress into footwell.
                              Those bbs wheels look like dealer option on audi a6 models circa 2004. They should have a part number stamped on them somewhere.

Comment

Well, someone has been into the ECU as you can see from the picture below. I've put the car back to how it was until I can find someone to help return the ECU to stock. I have backed off the bolt on the wastegate cap so the spring is not so compressed.

Does anyone know if that ECU was a chip replacement or is it just the case of flashing back the original map. As it will most likely be harder to find the original chip.

ecu1.jpg
                                Lift the tabs up and remove the cover plate. You'll know if its been chipped if the ecu has been socketed. It will most likely just have one of the chips replaced if the boost side was being controlled by wastegate only

Comment

Working...
                                X