Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying an S2 Coupe - Am I walking into a world of pain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure but from the pic, the spring in the wastegate looks like the 1.9bar version. It doesnt look as tall as a standard one. This was usually the case with the "bodged" way of mapping

Comment

• Standard 3B or ABY maps won't be a problem
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Been on a call with automark this evening they say it should be possible to return the car to standard. Hopefully going to see them next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by sal_s2 View Post

Looks like its had a replacement screen fitted in the past. Poor fitting can often be the cause of water ingress into footwell.
          Those bbs wheels look like dealer option on audi a6 models circa 2004. They should have a part number stamped on them somewhere.
          If it's had a replacement screen it was a genuine Audi one fitted as it's all Audi stamped. Also it's delaminating and it has a chip which has started to crack so that is being replaced very soon.

I'm going to take one of the wheels off the car tomorrow and have a look for any Audi part numbers. I was told they are Mk1 TT wheels but as the PCD for the MK1 TT was 5x100 and the S2 is 5x112, that kind of rules them out for being off a TT.
          Last edited by B5NUT; 14 October 2021, 20:50.

Comment

• I just sold my last unmodified WG cap on here the other day!
            I do have another one I think but the cover cap over the screw has been removed.
            You’ll need a stock WG spring, and the stock chips before you can safely plug the N75 back in.
            I reckon you’ll find a cap cheap enough.

I can sort chips and maybe a spring..

People went for the big spring and disable of the N75 cos it’s an easy way to set max boost and the car feels really responsive, basically you get full boost at part throttle, problem is the ECU can’t limit boost if something goes wrong- there’s no limp mode. Obviously not a great idea.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

• Had a wheel off for the first time today, found some horrible 5mm spacers more parts that are going in the bin. Cannot wait to put the standard Avus wheels back on.
              bin.jpg

Comment

• You are unearthing some cr@p aren’t you!
                85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• What you talking about this is top quality stuffThey even look like they are held on by double sided tape None of that over engineered hubcentric malarkey, and they have more holes than swiss cheese, keeping that unsprung weight down.

Comment

• Does your car have an immobiliser? I have an original ECU to suit if so (895907551b). I may also have a wastegate cap somewhere too. I wouldn't stress too much about this, it's all pretty easy to fix so far and there are lots of people with piles of parts so you shouldn't run into too many issues! Just replace the parts you need to plug them all in and see what happens.
                    Last edited by Colesy; 15 October 2021, 15:56.

Comment

• Yes it will do. So I guess I will be in a world of pain if I swap the main ECU. How much would you want for the ECU?

I've purchased a cap so good for that thanks.
                      Last edited by B5NUT; 18 October 2021, 20:17.

Comment

• As said, you may need to slow down. These cars are a labour of love, even if you have all the money, time and ability in the world. Pick your battles, get it on the road and enjoy it, then make a list of items to tick off

Comment

• To be honest I'm waiting on a load of parts coming from Germany. I wanted the wheel off today As I needed to know what the part number of the alloys that have been fitted to the car.

I am trying the take the car in stages.

At the moment I'm mainly working on fixing the coolant temp issue as the low speed fan is not kicking in when it should.

Next issue is to remove the non-standard performance mods fitted to the car.

After that I should have all the parts to perform the rebuild of the suspension and breaking system front & rear. Once that's done then I can start to enjoy the car a little and fix things one step at a time.

Comment

• Autodoc delivery turned up today all 5 boxes. Hopefully will be able to start work this weekend when other parts turn up, and I've had a visit to automark on Saturday. Will also start a project thread once work gets underway.

Note please don't have a go at the standard shocks, a set of Koni will be going on next year. I just want something on the car at the moment where the oil is still inside the shocks..

20211018_151624 (Large).jpg
                            20211018_151628 (Large).jpg20211018_151639 (Large).jpg
                            20211018_151618 (Large).jpg

Comment

• Check everything carefully as Auto Doc have a habit of sending the wrong parts and their after service is ####
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Already done that. I've not gone off their parts list that is shown when you search under the S2. I've used ETKA and cross referenced the Audi part numbers with the aftermarket parts. Think that is the best way to do it as I've seen parts listed which are for the early model S2.

Comment

Working...
                                X