Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying an S2 Coupe - Am I walking into a world of pain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well with the modified tool and silicone lube all bushes now pressed in. Thank god for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
      So still looking around for front shocks, just wondered if anyone has a part number of a shock that fit.

Found this Bilstein shock which looks to have the right dimeter and it states it fits the car, but so have other shocks that don't fit!
      shock.jpg
      This is what I have on my Avant , same fitment as ABY coupe.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Well with the modified tool and silicone lube all bushes now pressed in. Thank god for that.
        Top of the class!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Just a shame about the two bushes that never made it RIP...

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post

This is what I have on my Avant , same fitment as ABY coupe.
            I thought all the later models were 55mm. Do they come with compensating bushes
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• This is the original shock from my 95 ABY S2 coupe, which shows 50mm. Are the rears not 55?

shock2.jpg

Comment

• If that's what you have them go 50mm. I was reading a thread here that suggested Bilstein 033-3086 but they are 55. Now you have posted that pic I will check mine before I order anything. I read North American cars were 50mm. It's all very strange.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Nope, it's all a massive pain in the ****.

Comment

Well with the modified tool and silicone lube all bushes now pressed in. Thank god for that.
                    Nice one, was it just an aerosol type lube ?

Comment

Very well done!

Comment

• Originally posted by John. View Post

Nice one, was it just an aerosol type lube ?
                        Yes, the Halfords version was out of stock so got the WD40 silicone spray.

Comment

• My 3B is all 55, I know this because I bought a reconditioned pair of legs and my Konis didn’t fit them, one of those legs ended up on the cabby, I still have the other so I could measure it.
                          Actually the Bilstein B6s on the Avant, I didn’t fit myself, just ordered them off eBay and supplied them to the fitter.
                          Came from Larkspeed, bought in May 2017 and they’re still listed

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• I'm now worried about the rear shocks, got some 50mm ones a while back hope they are not 55, or it's more damage to the bank account.

Comment

• Shocks can be 50mm or 55mm I think it might have been on of those annoying anomalies sure S2's are meant to be 55mm but have heard of a few that have had 50mm best thing to do is take them out and measure before you buy

Comment

• Well looking at the part number on my shock 895 413 503 C it appears to be the original factory fitted shock. Now according to etka there is only one model of shock for the ABY engine cars, but 2 different version for the AAH & ABC version (Could they be the 55mm version).
                                shock1.jpg

So looking a the suspension strut, there is only 1 version for the ABY engine and one for the AAH & ABCshock2.jpg
                                Performing a search on the 895 412 033 F number comes up with the following models
                                shock3.jpg
                                So if you go into the RS2 then it only list the F revision for the car, so that must also be 50mm shocks.
                                shock5.jpg

Searching on the 8G0413503B which is used on the AHH & ABC models also gives confusing information as I've seen 50mm & 44mm listed as options. Again its a massive pain in the ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X