Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wanting to share pictures of their URS6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny you should say that as when typing my last post i thought about the american extra thingy there potentially giving more space.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Did anyone see the ~650bhp UrS6 at edition 38 at the weekend? Or is it known on here? What an awesome machine...

Comment

• Do you have any pictures?
        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• This: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater ?

Comment

• Page 6, more photos of that beauty
            '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
            '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• I took a few pics will post up tomorrow..

Comment

• paint

hi mark,

i know that you've mentioned on this forum that you have an interest in old audi brochures so i gather you have all the colour swatches for the various options available on the s6 etc?

could you have a look through them and see if you can find a colour that's borderline dark blue into purple??

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

• Being the bad teacher and all, I can provide this info for you to study:

I think what you are looking for is Z5T blue pearl effect like the avant in the foreground (my old 98 C4 A6q avant):

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• I will have a good look later Craig (busy at mo) and definitely photograph something for you.Give me 2/3hrs and i will be back.
                    94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• My blue/purple S6
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
                        hi mark,

i know that you've mentioned on this forum that you have an interest in old audi brochures so i gather you have all the colour swatches for the various options available on the s6 etc?

could you have a look through them and see if you can find a colour that's borderline dark blue into purple??

Hi Craig, Dave has already posted the correct URS6 paint codes.There is maybe one colour that you have not seen a picture of and it's a URS4 in Indigo Blue. The only other colour that IMHO could be construed as having a very tiny faint hint of purple is the URS6 colour Ming Blue. See these dark blues almost borderline with purple in the colour spectrum so they can be interpreted differently by each individual. The only obvious one i can think of is the bottom picture.

Are you considering paint colours/codes ready for a respray?

See what you think of the URS4?

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 7 October 2014, 23:14.
                        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by shaun5 View Post
                          My blue/purple S6
                          Looks great shaun but we need a paint code? Even more so as you say it's not ming blue
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• mines ming pearl effect LZ5L

Comment

• As i thought it was shaun, as no other colour resembling those ebay pictures,1 more telling with part sunshine, exists from the factory. As you said yours is the sister/brother of mine in pm....now you have confirmed paint code our cars are identical but for transmission. Plus speck,same year,same black leather interior and now the confirmed Ming Blue Pearl LZ5L. Probably the best colour.
                              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• thanks for those pics/ info, chaps. i'm just toying with the idea of a paintjob but obviously it can't be anything that varies wildly from the shade that it is just now. the bodyshop guy is goading me to get it done (obviously!) but i thought that something bordering purple from dark blue would be a nice idea.

any idea what shade my old tub is? (here's some shots prior to the idiots getting hold of it - the previous owners - not me, that is!) minging blue??

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Working...
                                X