Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wanting to share pictures of their URS6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zoig View Post
    Dip down mirror only works because of the seat memory, without mirror position sensors it would be impossible to return the mirror to original position To activate the passenger mirror needs to be selected from the panel.

Interesting fact is that the Italian market cars got electricaly folding mirrors, i'm not aware that it was offered in anywhere else.
    I found one of those folding mirrors on ebay a while back now.That option really surprised me because as far as i were aware only more modern cars had them.Very nice option indeed!
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Not to brag or anything but i have a set of those folding mirrors with memory and mated to set of D2 recaros in quattro cloth . I even have a schematic made up so the mirrors can be folded and unfolded with ignition or this feature turned off if needed.

All is set and sorted so it would be ready for Plug and Play fit into the Electric seat floorpan of the UrS6. Since my car is blessed with the Black quattro cloth (4x heated btw) then it's a perfect replacament for those front seats.

Comment

• Dip down mirrors works without seat memory too, it's a separate system with it's own control unit. I know because I have a set of them.
        And fold down mirrors was available on non-Italian cars too, I'm seeing quite a lot of them on local ad sites lately. Most of them doesn't work because gears in mirrors are corroded.
        Here's folding mirrors on my dads C4:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL7ldmplwrU
        I modified wiring so mirrors folds down when key is removed and folds back when key is inserted. Originally they works from knob on mirror button. Already found out how to wire them up to fold/unfold with central locking, just need to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoig View Post
          Not to brag or anything but i have a set of those folding mirrors with memory and mated to set of D2 recaros in quattro cloth . I even have a schematic made up so the mirrors can be folded and unfolded with ignition or this feature turned off if needed.

All is set and sorted so it would be ready for Plug and Play fit into the Electric seat floorpan of the UrS6. Since my car is blessed with the Black quattro cloth (4x heated btw) then it's a perfect replacement for those front seats.
          Zoig, very nice.D2 seats from a A8? As far as i am concerned your not bragging at all mate in fact i love hearing about this stuff and hearing whats possible. I count myself as lucky to have a brand new folding mirror. Just need the other side now.

Originally posted by mdz View Post
          Dip down mirrors works without seat memory too, it's a separate system with it's own control unit. I know because I have a set of them.
          And fold down mirrors was available on non-Italian cars too, I'm seeing quite a lot of them on local ad sites lately. Most of them doesn't work because gears in mirrors are corroded.
          Here's folding mirrors on my dads C4:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL7ldmplwrU
          I modified wiring so mirrors folds down when key is removed and folds back when key is inserted. Originally they works from knob on mirror button. Already found out how to wire them up to fold/unfold with central locking, just need to do it.

mdz Sounds superb that it can be done on any car. I need some details about this as i definately want to do this.Superb stuff there mdz
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Here's what foldaway mirror set consists of:

Mirror housings, control unit (361), knob/button (foldaway mirrors has 3 position knob instead of two found on nonfold mirrors) and wiring (just connectors with pigtails there but I made up new one using standard mirror wiring).

And dipdown memory mirrors:

Mirror motors with position sensors, control unit (4A0907445A), button/knob and wiring mess.
            Be aware, standard mirror button doesn't work with these

Comment

• Vorsprung durch Technik, yes, they are D2 A8 Recaros. It was quite a PITA to adapt the UrS6 harness to the seats and modify the UrS6 seat bases to fit. I didnt like the idea to modify the floorpan to fit D2 seat bases, i have seen it done few times, but it does not seem like the best idea.

Dip down mirrors works without seat memory too, it's a separate system with it's own control unit. I know because I have a set of them.
              I also had a set of folding mirrors from a car that had manual seats, there was no mirror memory ECU or positional sensors in the mirrors. I have seen them only along with seat memory option.
              And fold down mirrors was available on non-Italian cars too, I'm seeing quite a lot of them on local ad sites lately.
              There are quite a lot of italian UrS6 cars in here. Most common package: No sunroof, leather interior, folding mirrors, no seat heating, wheel arch covers, narrow radio panel(standard 1Din). The arch covers were distinct feature of Italian market cars, so far i have not seen any non italian cars with folding mirrors or italian car without them.

Comment

• Here's mine.

I have the folding mirrors. If I want the dip on reverse function, do I need a different mirror or just the control module?

Comment

• Hi mate are you selling your car?
                  Thanks

Comment

• Nope

Comment

• Originally posted by filio View Post
                      Here's mine.

I have the folding mirrors. If I want the dip on reverse function, do I need a different mirror or just the control module?
                      Mirrors, control unit, wiring and button.

Comment

• I have the control unit and the button. When you say mirror motors, do I need a mirror with sensors? I have electric mirrors, so obviously they have motors.
                        Originally posted by Zoig View Post
                        ...without mirror position sensors it would be impossible to return the mirror to original position
                        I have no idea if I have the sensors by default, or or only the cars with memory seats have them. Can I go without the sensors? I am no electrician, but the way I see it, you have to send an electric impulse to dip the mirror, and then you have to send another impulse, just as long and it will return to the same position. Does that make sense?
                        Could somebody help me with the wiring? Is it plug and play? Can I buy the cables or do I need an electrician?

Comment

• i am not a fan of anything but the standard avus alloys but those wheels really suit your car. what type are they??

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

• Sportec Mono 18'', 8.5J, ET 35 235/40/R18 tyres.
                            They are the reason I need the dip mirror function. I want to keep them away from curbs

Comment

• they are really nice and fill up the vast s6 arches nicely. do you have your car lowered too?
                              1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

• It's lowered, but not by my choice. I bought it with some yellow KONI all around. It rides like a horse cart, but I still love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X