Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello friends, in these days I will completely refurb my S2 Coupe ABY LHD, I have a problem with the led of the right switch for front right passengers window, I have put another switch, led worked for some minutes and then already off, I have also change the led with a new one and already the same problem.
    What do you think?
    Thanks a lot!
    Bye

Alessio
    My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
    Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
    Audi S2 Coupe ABY
    Audi S2 Avant
    Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

• have you used a resistor?
      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Hello, a resistor is already included in the switch, I have the problem also with another used switch but with the original led, not a new one.
        This evening I will make some test with the switch out from the car and watch what happen. I hate have a off led or bulb in the switch of the car.

Thanks!

Alessio
        My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
        Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
        Audi S2 Coupe ABY
        Audi S2 Avant
        Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

• i think the led or resistor lost the connection. when replacing the led, never remove the "leg" of the old led totally off. the copper like material does not stick, so you must solder the new led to the remnants of the old leds "leg".
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Hello, thanks a lot, this is what I have done, you are really accurate.
            Now I must check light switch with direct 12V and watch what happen.

Alessio
            My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
            Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
            Audi S2 Coupe ABY
            Audi S2 Avant
            Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

• Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
              Haven't been around to add this one.
              if not a secret from where is gauge and plastic around it ?

Comment

• Gauge you can buy many different ones on ebay etc.

The Surround is from Ebay.de have search on here and I'm sure you will find a link to the store...

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

• Awesome thred. About to look over my interior lighting and replace some broken lighs. I'm a bit curious for you guys who have mixed 3rd party LED with the OEM bulbs, do you see any difference in strength or spread of those once assembled and compared? I will probably not replace everything to LED at once but do it as they burn out so there will be a mixture here. And at the same time it feels a bit dumb to not put in LEDs instead of bulbs.
                  /NEO - I have a sexual thing for big brakes.
                  www.irry.com | Irry got a face lift!
                  #nordicaudi @ irc.nordicaudi.com

Comment

• Originally posted by NEO View Post
                    Awesome thred. About to look over my interior lighting and replace some broken lighs. I'm a bit curious for you guys who have mixed 3rd party LED with the OEM bulbs, do you see any difference in strength or spread of those once assembled and compared? I will probably not replace everything to LED at once but do it as they burn out so there will be a mixture here. And at the same time it feels a bit dumb to not put in LEDs instead of bulbs.
                    LED's don't work on all applications, I tried them in the heater lights and they were rubbish as they just don't have the angle of light..

Incandescent bulbs seem to give off 360 degree of light but LED from 70 to 130 from what I have found...

So for me it's a suck it and see situation or try it and if it dont work go back a step...

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

• Le S2 Audi: try using the SMD leds, 170degree angle.

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Aaaah... THen we should make a little list here for where LEDs work and where they don't work. =)

Originally posted by Le S2 Audi View Post
                        LED's don't work on all applications, I tried them in the heater lights and they were rubbish as they just don't have the angle of light..

Incandescent bulbs seem to give off 360 degree of light but LED from 70 to 130 from what I have found...

So for me it's a suck it and see situation or try it and if it dont work go back a step...

Comment

• That will be a bit hard to fit in the buttons, even with a lot of violence and two rolls of duct tape it smells defeat.

Originally posted by Sküll View Post
                          Le S2 Audi: try using the SMD leds, 170degree angle.

Comment

• it is not a matter where leds work and where they dont, but it is about which leds work and which doesent.
                            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Well... then that's the list we need. I'm about to place an order for similar LEDs as seen in this thread now. =) Also buying a few regular bulbs.

Originally posted by Sküll View Post
                              it is not a matter where leds work and where they dont, but it is about which leds work and which doesent.

Comment

• Have anyone done a write up on the dome lights in the coupé and the different lengths? I'm looking at putting LEDs at all positions. THe dome lights are available in various lengths at like 35, 39, 40, 41, 44 mm so what sounds like an easy measurement job isn't the easiest task. =/ This is what I have come up with so far in my car:

trunk: 39mm 12v c5w OS 6418L (I guess this is an OSRAM bulb)
                                roof front: 41mm 12v 10w Philips 12866.
                                roof rear: 38mm
                                mirrors: 38 mm 12v c5w.
                                Glove compartment: Haven't removed it so dunno. From what I can remember it's the same as in the trunk.
                                handles: 12v5w OSRAM 3860

When looking at ETKA it isn't all conclusive over the interior lights and it doesn't really seem to correspond to my car.

ETKA lists the bulbs as:
                                trunk: N 017 723 4, K-12V10W
                                Glove compartment: N 017 717 2, T4W-12V4W
                                Roof front: N 017 723 4, K-12V10W
                                Roof rear: N 017 723 4, K-12V10W
                                handles: N 900 349 01, T4W 12V5W
                                mirrors: N 017 725 2, C5W-12V5W

I'm thinking that the length isn't that critical since the construction of the lighting armature is pretty flexible, as seen in the mirrors:
                                http://piclair.com/data/0ndj1.jpg

And rear roof:
                                http://piclair.com/data/95bof.jpg

SO my plan is to just go with something that has a reasonable length (38-41mm) and the maximum strength. Dunno how much heat those babies generate though?

And for the handles I'm planning something like this (both pages translated from swe to eng in chrome):
                                http://piclair.com/data/yn64l.jpg

or this:
                                http://piclair.com/data/7549z.jpg

Thoughts? Experiences?

Comment

Working...
                                X