X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
    Paul, this is perfect for your switchable map ECU

You aren't the 1st person to suggest that... I have often wanted to fit such a switch just so passengers have to ask the question WTF its for
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
      You aren't the 1st person to suggest that... I have often wanted to fit such a switch just so passengers have to ask the question WTF its for
      I fitted it to my UrS6 and there have been several passengers who have been unable to leave the button alone. Sadly it's still not connected to anything funky...

Comment

• STICKY Plz....

Hi Guys;

Can we have this as a sticky PLEASE.....

It's such a good guide to replacing bulbs in the interior switches etc!!!!

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

• Anyone got a breakdown/pictures etc on how to change the bulbs in the Fog Light Switches...

I've got the switch out and dismantled, but I can not for the life of me see how to get the bulb holder out of the mounting, to be able to get to the bulbs....

Could just me being DUMB... but that's nothing new!!!

K.

sigpic

Comment

• Fog light switches, unless there different to every one i've ever had, you pop the front cover off then the bulbs pull out the front?

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
              Fog light switches, unless there different to every one i've ever had, you pop the front cover off then the bulbs pull out the front?
              Thanks Pete,

You are spot on...

Just didn't pull hard enough.... Didn't want to smash the bulb and then not be able to fix it!!

Talk about making an Easy job HARD....

sigpic

Comment

• No worries, if at worst think I had a few lying around. One other thing, error404 posted up a link ages ago to a ebay seller that sold red bulbs same spec as whats in the switches, they was brilliant, straight fit and cheap for 100. Worth trying to find out as it really showed them up at night, ill try find a picture of mine with them all fitted

Comment

• Can somebody help me with my problem. My interior light will not turn on when the doors are opened. I cheked the wiring for doors pins and it's OK. Also when I turn off the engine the light's is turning on, so the bubles are OK. Also when i locked the doors the light's don't turn off imediatly like they should. They turn off after a while.
                  Audi URS4 1992. 2.2L 169kw
                  www.audiclubserbia.com

Comment

• OEM Gearknob lightning

Rusty, no own thread for me this time

The source: http://foorum.audiclub.ee/viewthread.php?tid=64697

Take off the Knob, turn off counter clockwise. Pry off the plastic with gear pattern. To avoid any mishaps, cover the flat head screwdriver or knife with a cloth or piece of leather. This piece of plastic might be glued on, but i'm not sure of this(mine was loose), so proceed with caution.

Clear out the glass: Be creative, the mission is to clear the silver paint from the rear of the glass. I used sharp needle to scrape off the paint. The numbers are approx 1mm deep, so it should not be too difficult. You can repaint any mishaps with black marker or paint.

Result:

Making of the reflector: Just be creative. The idea is to use some kind of material that disperses the light, also if needed you could build a reflector (eg from tin foli) to direct the light upwards, so it's even across the knob surface.

Currently, iv'e used Auto Gauge voltmeter dispercer and it looked like this. On top of this, I glued red film(used to fix rear lights).

All you need to do now is to fit back the cleared out gear plastic. I used small double sided adhesive.

Electrical connection: The gearstick is hollow from the inside, so just run wires trough that, just remember to make a hole as low as possible for the wires to come out. The wires from the gearknob were connected to the cigarette lighting in the car.

Various pctures:

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoig View Post
                      Rusty, no own thread for me this time

That's another good one!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Nice little addition there, did it take you long to do it all?
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by jevrem View Post
                          Can somebody help me with my problem. My interior light will not turn on when the doors are opened. I cheked the wiring for doors pins and it's OK. Also when I turn off the engine the light's is turning on, so the bubles are OK. Also when i locked the doors the light's don't turn off imediatly like they should. They turn off after a while.
                          @Jevrem, just spotted your post, I had problems with mine for ages, it turned out to be the wiring was broken between the relay carrier and the central locking pump in the back of the car, actual break was under the carpet near the drivers right foot, not sure if it would be similar in LHD.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

• It seems that Audi wanted to add the illumination to the air vent but they didn't...
                            So I took some time to finish it for them...
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Snow Racer View Post
                              It seems that Audi wanted to add the illumination to the air vent but they didn't...
                              So I took some time to finish it for them...
                              Show us how you did it then....

sigpic

Comment

• I have watched this 3D and I think that Jas11n is a magician on S2 interior lights.
                                For now on my S2 and RS2 I have replaced diff lock bulbs, climatronic bulbs, speedo bulbs, and some bulbs in the central switches. Now after read this 3D I will change also the bulbs or led of all switches that are burned. I have a question, where can I find original bulbs and led for replacement? I don't want brighter bulbs or led, I want the same brightness of the original bulbs and led.
                                Thanks a lot!
                                Bye

Alessio
                                My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
                                Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
                                Audi S2 Coupe ABY
                                Audi S2 Avant
                                Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

Working...
                                X