This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skull23 View Post
    papvas: it is not that hard, mine was harder cuz i installed the taxi button too, but for a normal install you only need 2 wires to connect. You must find the roof lights connector in the footwell, and you are done. I will post you a pic of the connector...
    That would be greatly appreciated.
    I made this in my first coupe and would like to do that again.
    This connector would make the job a lot easier
    No power, no glory!
    S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

Looks like i wont be able to capture a pic in a few days, but the connector is easy to find. It is a small black connector, with 3 wires in it. You can take a look how the wires look in the roof light: black, black and green, black and white. The wires go from the roof light, on the A pillar, and come out on the side of the footwell. You cant miss them, because they are the only ones glued to the chasis. From there, just follow them into to the black connector piled up in the spagetti of wires down there.
      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Skull23 you say "The wires go from the roof light, on the A pillar",

What A pillar are you referring too? Left or right? And this is on a RHD car? Wonder if it also applies to a LHD car?

Comment

Well i drive a LHD, but i have been speaking of the A pillar because the majority here drives RHD. LHD has the wires on the left pillar, so driver side, dunno where are for the RHD.
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Little update. Have a few little additions I'd like to add over the next few weeks. Taking lots of inspiration from Christians (RS2cabrio) Cabriolet with a couple of my own additions.

Ambient lights fitted tonight.
            Having never seen these in action, I "assumed" the often referred to term of "comfort" lights mean they are illuminated on a night whilst driving.
            I hope so, as that's how they are going to work for me.
            I took a feed from the dash clocks illumination wiring and followed my previously installed wiring for the auto dim rear view mirror, up the door pillar and across/behind the front headlining trim.
            When the lights are turned on, the comfort lights illuminate.
            Ambient lights bought from vagparts, part number 8E0 919 063A, approximately £14 delivered.
            I've been informed (working blind with these comfort lights ) that two holes need to be drilled in the diffuser. Will do that and post pictures later of them in the dark.

Last edited by Jas11n; 4 June 2008, 21:50. Reason: wrong username used DOH!!
            2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
            2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
            1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

The four oval lights in the picture were a job lot off ebay, cheap as chips so bought them to see if they'll come in handy. Boot illumination on both the S2 and the TDi is pitiful, so they'll end up being used there.
              Other stuff in the picture you'll have to guess at what they are for, or wait till I fit them

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

The ambient light should not have the glass in front?

did you get some sort of cover for them?
                Audi Quattro WR

Comment

The ambient light should not have the glass in front?

did you get some sort of cover for them?
                  No, all you get is the small black unit you see in my first picture, It's intended for the A4 and the A3, so is a 100% retrofit in any other car.

Originally posted by Me
                  I've been informed (working blind with these comfort lights ) that two holes need to be drilled in the diffuser. Will do that and post pictures later of them in the dark.
                  Have drilled two 7mm holes in the plastic diffuser (lens) and will take a few pictures later. Will be dark in 30 mins

Christian is RS2cabrio not coupe
                  Yes, sorry, my mistake, RS2cabrio
                  2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Jas11n - these are cool lil lights - we have them in the Allroad. I'll copy this one for sure - gives a nice red glow down towards the central cluster - no glare. Been wanting to do it for ages - just never had the time to look into it.

Paul
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Just noticed - youve put them behind the plastic diffuser. On the A6/AR they are separate lil lights in the solid plastic surround - NOT behind clear plastic.
                      Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

For the third time , I've drilled two 7mm holes in the diffuser. It's the only solution for fitting them to our models
                        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

I'll get me coat - not been round much to read all the juicy details I;m afraid
                          Paul Nugent

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                            I'll get me coat - not been round much to read all the juicy details I;m afraid
                            It'll be dark in 20 mins, I'll nip out and get a few more pictures
                            2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Just teleport your car here Jas. It's dark already down South.
                              SS

Comment

Yeah we're all waiting here for pictures

Comment

Working...
                                X