Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of those buttons could be very useful for a decent install of the roofbar that's going on the S2 for the Scumball. I was worried about putting rubbishy switches in and also cutting trim to install them, good shout! I take it the harnesses are nowhere to be found in the car so I'll have to wire to them myself?
    1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
    2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
    1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
      I've a notion to copy the red LED downlighters from the sunroof switch as well - they are well handy without any glare.
      I have an A4 sunroof panel which I bought on eBay for those downlighter. Trouble is, I cannot bring myself to cut holes in the S2 panel What makes it worse is that I have a spare panel

The problem is that I also have a pre-selector switch version which I want to fit, but since I do not have a spare one of those, I don't want to make holes in it.

I therefore want to fit the downlighters in the underside of the rear view mirror

Cheers n

Si
      95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
      Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
      With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Si what colour is your pre-select sunroof panel as I have a spare one here atm.

Comment

Nice work there matey - you braved the snow and rain after all! Im trying to remember if the power for the rear passenger light runs down the corner pillar (drivers side) and then across and into the rear seat base as the ariel lead does. Got a feeling it did from what I can remember when I was messing around tracing the route of the dreaded white 12v lead to the ariel amp - tho memory is a little fuzzy, so could be wrong! That’s the way the antenna cable runs too. But if it does that would make splicing in easier and you could then run the feed (again similar to the ariel lead) from under the rear seat, under the carpet and straight along the transmission tunnel to the centre consol then across to either footwell.

It’s a great little upgrade tho – looks mint. There’s probably more room for non air con cars also to carry the light a bit deeper on the passenger side.

You just need grab handle lights now!

Paul
          Last edited by Paulgo; 8 April 2008, 08:19.
          Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
          Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shark_90 View Post
            I take it the harnesses are nowhere to be found in the car so I'll have to wire to them myself?
            I very much doubt anything harness wise would be behind the dash for those, no way.
            You can get the plug for the rear, item 21 above.

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
            just need a couple of red leds in the front unit to do the cockpit light at night with the instruments a la A6, really love that and wil install on the S2 at some point
            Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
            I've a notion to copy the red LED downlighters from the sunroof switch as well - they are well handy without any glare.
            Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post
            I have an A4 sunroof panel which I bought on eBay for those downlighter. Trouble is, I cannot bring myself to cut holes in the S2 panel What makes it worse is that I have a spare panel

The problem is that I also have a pre-selector switch version which I want to fit, but since I do not have a spare one of those, I don't want to make holes in it.

I therefore want to fit the downlighters in the underside of the rear view mirror

Cheers n

Si
            Come on guys, you can't all talk about it and not show us what you are on about

I've seen A4 red downlighter items going on the bay, but have no idea what they look like?? Often wondered as they seem to attract a few bids.

A picture would do it, even a small grainy one if nothing else.

Originally posted by Paulgo View Post
            Nice work there matey - you braved the snow and rain after all! Im trying to remember if the power for the rear passenger light runs down the corner pillar (drivers side) and then across and into the rear seat base as the ariel lead does. Got a feeling it did from what I can remember when I was messing around trace the route of the dreaded white 12v lead to the ariel amp - tho memory is a little fuzzy, so could be wrong! That’s the way the antenna cable runs too. But if it does that would make splicing in easier and you could then run the feed (again similar to the ariel lead) from under the rear seat, under the carpet and straight along the transmission tunnel to the centre consol then across to either footwell.

It’s a great little upgrade tho – looks mint. There’s probably more room for non air con cars also to carry the light a bit deeper on the passenger side.

You just need grab handle lights now!

Paul
            Whole job done in the car, apart from cutting the passenger trim part
            And now you tell me about the wire routing, although the way I routed it is no pain in the butt. Easy job.
            2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
            2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
            1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by pastures16 View Post
              :
              liking that new instail mate whats with the gearnob and who is that bloke GAV not seen him for ages
              I like the install too. I'll say a Hi to Gavs20v as well... I've still got your S2 Avant and she rocks. I'm still loving her to bits. Hope life's treating you well.

Comment

Top job indeed. I've always really like them, it's been on my to-do list for ages.

Should have done the wires at least when I had the trim off to get the becker mic up, just wasn't in my head at the time!

Very nice tho Jas!

D

Comment

very nice jas
                  maybe when i come up there,i can have the same thing done on mine!
                  tried to do it and nearly burned myself once!
                  hehe

Comment

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

wow, two on each side eh
                      Looking good Don't forget to show some pictures off them in the dark
                      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                      2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                      1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

No there is only one for the passenger side

Im still wiring the stuff, along with the taxi button. Will take while if i dont find the roof light connector in the footwell...
                        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Could not take a better pic, but i will put one more light to the passenger side. Great thing really, a PITA to wire up but worth it.

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

A note to Skull & Jas about how I did mine.....

I wired mine from behind the relay that controls all the interior lites.
                            I used the R/BL wire that goes to the reading lites over the driver that comes on when doors are opened. Quite easy to get to and tap. Thank God for the Bentley Manual's Electrical Schematic diagrams.

Comment

i wish i could be so electrically inclined.i once tried to do it and a bd connection almost fried everything up!I had to rip and tear away several cables to be able to get away with minimal damage.I like all the clean work though and im definitelly going to do that sometime in the future!

Comment

papvas: it is not that hard, mine was harder cuz i installed the taxi button too, but for a normal install you only need 2 wires to connect. You must find the roof lights connector in the footwell, and you are done. I will post you a pic of the connector...
                                Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Working...
                                X