This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not 100% dark
    Excuse picture quality, it's a bit hard trying to hold the camera VERY still one handed, no flash, whilst sat in the back seat, your other hand stretched out to the front while still trying to see the camera screen

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Are they on all the time or just at certain times?

Comment

Just with your lights Pete

"note" I have four spare diffusers, otherwise I don't think I'd have drilled those holes.
        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Jas - bet your neighbours think you are some kind of freak

Thats the glowing red fist of mood lighting... Not sure the diffuser holes look elegant, but the result is on the money.
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Ok cheers, think I might have to have a look at these, i'm just worried that it will be distracting when i'm driving etc. One other thing in the picture you showed all the parts the two small strip lights (one was lit up) where did you get them from and take it thats for the door handles?

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
              Ok cheers, think I might have to have a look at these, i'm just worried that it will be distracting when i'm driving etc. One other thing in the picture you showed all the parts the two small strip lights (one was lit up) where did you get them from and take it thats for the door handles?
              Yup, for the interior door pulls >>> LINKY

Jase..
              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

why not drill hole there (in the pic), and put plastic caps in (like the ones used for normal round leds). there should be plenty of space behind...

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Maybe for others that would work.
                  But for me, no chance. No way drilling into the cover for my preselect sunroof, it's NLA
                  2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Boot light changed. It switches on and off as before with opening and closing the boot. But now I'm able to switch it off altogether for when the boot is open for extended periods, as is often the case when I'm away camping.

It's actually a rear interior light from an Audi 90 that I picked up off ebay ages ago for 30p IIRC, brand new in the box.

Rear footwell lights installed. I did initially intend to put them under the front seats, but that would have meant removing both seats and even then after fitting, space is very tight as I have the seat height on it's lowest setting.

So I put them in the trim that runs along the cill. There was "JUST" enough space to fit them too.
                    Ran the wiring from the previously installed front lights.

Tomorrow, inner door handle illumination.
                    Door markers will have to wait for another day as the lights I got for this are going to be way to big. A call to vagparts on monday me thinks.

Piccies later after it's dark..
                    Last edited by Jas11n; 13 July 2008, 11:28.
                    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

side lights

HI
                      Those lights under the door sill is a great idea,far better than under seat

great work

cheers
                      john

Comment

Jase, are the rear footwell light lenses the same as that originally found in the boot? Just looked at the pics on the previous page and they certainly look like it. Nice little upgrades.

Comment

yes they are! same as mine!

Comment

Yup, the small boot light. It's actually used on a few different Audi and VW models. Part number 331 947 113.

The rear footwell light locations were Vasilis's (papvas) idea , I was going to put them under the seats, but I'm really glad I listened to Vasilis.
                            After helping do them in his beauty RS2 last weekend (Link) they looked like they were fitted there from the factory.
                            Thanks Vasilis
                            2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

dont mention it!! glad i could offer an idea!

Comment

Forgot to add, the front lights in my car aren't Audi items, it's explained in the first post. They are VERY similar though, I reckon MG copied the Audi ones

And as promised, some in the dark. Not brilliant as I can't use this bloody camera with the flash turned off.........even with a little tripod to keep it still

Last edited by Jas11n; 13 July 2008, 11:32.
                                2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Working...
                                X