No announcement yet.

My 1993 ABY S2 Coupe - Bought & Owned since 1994

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I maybe wrong, but i believe you have two different types of wheel on your car. The rears look like the original S8 Avus wheel but the fronts look like the newer Avus wheel similar to what was on the S6 with the flatter style spoke. It maybe deceiving on the picture but worth checking.

Comment

My bad!, just realised you haven't changed the rears on the picture and they are the 16" Avus. SOS

Comment

Nice work - and evidence if it be needed that old is so often better than new...
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

RS6's are stupid expensive to maintain. Cambelt to do properly is over 1000+vat

Good to see it back on the road tho. Clear indicators would bring it up to date for very little money. Nothing a good machine polish wont cure on the paint im sure.

With the new brakes you will be wanting the ECU sorting to make sure they can stop it
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

LOL - he'll be the 1st ever then to upgrade brakes before ECU then - heheheh
            Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
              Seems like it..... Not touching it other than the brakes & rims.... & MAYBE the indicators, supose I could always retro fit em if I keep em...

ECU staying as it is!!

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                2nd actually I did 2 years at ADi with a stock ECU and Porky brakes and showed those who did it the other way around a clean set of heels (only part of may car that is clean )

Originally posted by Le S2 Audi View Post
                I have thought about fitting 'em but then it makes the car non original!!
                Strange, as my M reg Coupe had clear indicators from new so I always assumed they were standard on late ABY's

As for the repeaters, mk3 Golf ones are the same shape so you can get any colour in the correct shape. I fitted smoked ones to my Green Coupe so they stand out (although my car is always smoked colour too )

Nice car tho

Cheers n

Si
                Last edited by HPmuirt; 12 August 2009, 15:39.
                95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Le S2's is an early ABY on a "L" reg, so it had orange ones, as did mine...
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                    Le S2's is an early ABY on a "L" reg, so it had orange ones, as did mine...
                    It's a 1994 Model Reg in late 93..

October I think...

Orginal plate was VAG 1K and was a directors wife's (Audi Dealer Director, rather than a VAG director - I think) run about when new!!!

Tried to get full history of the car but the previous owner was very unhelpfull when i wrote to them asking for a history of the car..... Guess they thought I was going to be awkward and make a claim or summit.....

sigpic

Comment

Seems like it..... Not touching it other than the brakes & rims.... & MAYBE the indicators, supose I could always retro fit em if I keep em...

ECU staying as it is!!
                      Famous last words. So many before you have said the same, sooner or later we give in and upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
                        Famous last words. So many before you have said the same, sooner or later we give in and upgrade.
                        I know but its been in that condition since I bought it 15 years ago so why would I do it now???

sigpic

Comment

It's a 1994 Model Reg in late 93..

October I think...

Orginal plate was VAG 1K and was a directors wife's (Audi Dealer Director, rather than a VAG director - I think) run about when new!!!

Tried to get full history of the car but the previous owner was very unhelpfull when i wrote to them asking for a history of the car..... Guess they thought I was going to be awkward and make a claim or summit.....
                          Betting its an MY93 car actually - PM me the VIN and I can date it to the month.
                          Paul Nugent

Comment

So much for keeping it orginal....

Another Essental UPGRADE!!!

Knew I should have never joined this Forum

Its just cost me best part of £100.00 For new HID H4 Hi/Lo Lamps

Matching H3 Fog Bulbs

& LED Side light Bulbs....

Bank manager is gonna kill me!!!!

sigpic

Comment

How come your car was in the factory same week as mine yet didn't get ellipsoidal lights (H1) or white indis ?
                              Paul Nugent

Comment

its and odd one as its also go the very late spec (and very very nice) leather
                                S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Working...
                                X