No announcement yet.

My Pelican blue 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mate. Very nice write up and happy to see another classic being loved. I noticed that your door cards look well nice, what glue did you use, I re-trimmed door cards on my A100 and they all came undone after couple of weeks.

You also said you got an electric boot latch, what from, how did you wire it up? I wouldn't mind that on my S4
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by purplelion77 View Post
      So are the C4 seats a straight fit on B4 80? Oh... and I've got another question for you. On one of your previous photos I can see the rear electric windows on/off switch on drivers door is actually illuminated? How? Is it supposed to be illuminated? I own 2 B4 80 Avants and it's not illuminated on any of them.
      My recollection is that the illuminated switch is from an Alfa ?

Jas11n may have covered it in the 'Sooty' thread, which might be of interst to people who missed it the first time around.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28022

HTH.

Comment

Sküll covered the illuminated switch here:
        http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=973

That whole thread is worth reading.
        Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by audi4fun View Post
          three Latvian's meeting here. :mrgreen:
          Audi A8 D2 brake discs (323 mm), pads + RS2 or similar calipers needed. Or follow Arts suggestion.

Yep, calipers and brackets are already powdercoated so I'll be using them till I get something that's worth swapping over once a year.
          On the brakes subject - is there anything better I can use on the rear of FWD? Aluminum calipers from C5?

Originally posted by purplelion77 View Post
          So are the C4 seats a straight fit on B4 80? Oh... and I've got another question for you. On one of your previous photos I can see the rear electric windows on/off switch on drivers door is actually illuminated? How? Is it supposed to be illuminated? I own 2 B4 80 Avants and it's not illuminated on any of them.
          Almost. You have to swap over bottom frame and that's plug&play if both B series seats have height adjustment. Someone on here even made them foldable for Coupe. Yes, button is illuminated, but it's not supposed to be like that on 80. I took button from C3 200 (A8 D2 also has it). It has 5 pins instead of 2, so connector has to be changed too. Standard illumination is orange led but you can change it to whatever you want.

Originally posted by geryS2 View Post
          love it, impressive work u made !

u got any pics info, on the interior retrim ?

i v got to find one, always loved the 80 !!
          Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
          Hi mate. Very nice write up and happy to see another classic being loved. I noticed that your door cards look well nice, what glue did you use, I re-trimmed door cards on my A100 and they all came undone after couple of weeks.

You also said you got an electric boot latch, what from, how did you wire it up? I wouldn't mind that on my S4
          Thanks!
          Only pictures I found:

As you can see, I used Bison spray glue, but it's kinda cr*p and hard to work with - you must spray on exact amount otherwise it will either not stick at all or leave stains. Now I'm using spray glue made by Ball&Young. I can check if I still have it and take a picture. It's way more "user friendly", easier to work with and nothing comes off.
          I also used Bison Kit glue for headliner and pillar trims. Now I'm using glue called 88 for that purpose, with being cheaper as only reason.

I also did a set for my dads A6:

And many other doorcard sets, headliners and pillar trim sets for friends cars.

I took boot opening motor from B5 Passat tank flap, but there's the same motor on facelift B5 and C5 bootlids. I wired it to central locking pump, but I have new type pump that can control it. C4 till MY1997 has old type pump that doesn't support this. But you can wire it up with button anyway. Wiring is very simple - live +12v through push type button to motor. It needs ~ 1-2sec 12v impulse to work.

Currently I'm putting together brake calipers. I'll post some pictures later as I'm at work now.

Comment

In respect to the central locking pump, did you just wire up the canbus signals to your obdII connector, and communicate with it that way?

Thanks
            Eric

Comment

These new type (1997+) pumps has built-in K line for diagnostics and programming. I connected it to existing K line in car. I'd like to implement canbus in my car but I can't find a proper device that will translate K line data to CAN (instrument cluster does this in newer Audis).

Comment

Good news, thanks for that.
                Going to try and do the newer key type and pump on my avant and you have been very helpful.
                Eric

Comment

Thanks for the reply. So you didn't take the door cards apart to re trim them?
                  '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                  '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
                    Good news, thanks for that.
                    Going to try and do the newer key type and pump on my avant and you have been very helpful.
                    This might be useful then: http://www.20v-sauger-tuning.de/Umba..._komplett1.pdf
                    Some info about coding and diegnostics: http://www.wak-tt.com/tt/tt_docs/cab...5101-96-11.pdf
                    Wiring diagram for new type pump: http://www.isham-research.co.uk/quat...IUE_Mj1997.pdf
                    And B4 pump: http://www.s2central.net/S2_Schematics/C/C37.PDF
                    Diagram for A8 pump (uses the same pump, wire colors may differ but pinout is the same and more features shown): http://lejup.lv/get.php?d=523dd382e9...xgag1379783554

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                    Thanks for the reply. So you didn't take the door cards apart to re trim them?
                    No. There's nothing to take apart on B4 doorcards, they're single piece. I also didn't took apart C4 cards, but it's easier when you do.

Comment

Thank you both irishs2 & mdz. You've been very helpful. It turns out I had read Sküll's thread but I didn't remember it at all. I really like your work mdz. I'm more of an interior type of person (I've done a lot of mods on my dad's B5 A4) but I find it extremely difficult and expensive to source original Audi parts for my 80 Avant like cupholders, front armrest etc (both due to geographical position and current financial situation). Through your work at least and the work of other people here I get the pleasure of seeing Audi 80 interiors getting what they deserve and looking really smart.

Comment

Yes, cupholders and B4 armrest is very rare and sometimes expensive because they are US market only options. As well as leg rest on center console, longer console rear part and bootlid trim for saloon. For cupholder you can use this:

Comes from B5 A4 and can be modified to fit B4 console. Part number 8D0 862 533 E.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
                          Comes from B5 A4 and can be modified to fit B4 console. Part number 8D0 862 533 E.
                          You think so? That's actually a great idea if I can make it work! I'll check the dimensions

Comment

eSPe from Poland did this:

Comment

Great info! Thanks mdz. My girlfriend likes having a coffee while travelling in the car and this thing has been bugging me since I bought the car. It seems quite an easy mod and most importantly it looks OEM.
                              Last edited by purplelion77; 28 March 2014, 12:48. Reason: changed ''drink'' to ''coffee''

Comment

What do i have to do to fit this cupholder in my B4? Cut of some of the corners?

Comment

Working...
                                X