• As usual, very well done. Thanks for the updates
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
    2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
    2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
    1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

• A bit of an update.
      I was collecting parts for 5x112 swap and brake upgrade for quite a long time now. Few days back I got last bits and yesterday did the swap.

We all know the way of doing swap using S2 parts, but i did little researh and found out I can use B5 quattro rear hubs on the front and C4 FWD setup at the back. So my swap kit consisted of:
      - sandblasted and painted hubs and hub carriers
      - new SKF bearings front and back
      - Zimmermann S2 brake disks for front and C4 FWD at the back
      - sandblasted, powdercoated and rebuilt G60 calipers
      - Ferodo FDB pads for front and FSL for rear
      - 4x 20mm 5x112 adapters

8J ET35 wheels with 225/45 tires, 20mm adapters on the front.
      And this is how car looks now:

S2/V6 strut brace. S2 brace doesnt clear the battery so I'll be using V6 brace until battery will be moved to rear.

Standard square type design looks no good for me as I can't even tighten it properly - brace bends. So I took angle grinder and modified it:

And yea, it's an A3 battery cover

Useless, but because I can mod - phone setup from C4:

White S6plus-like needles for cluster and aux gauges:

One from local Audi forum meeting - my car between two Competitions. Lithuanian users might know the black one

Today I got set of B6 rear calipers. Don't know if they will fit, but I'll try them on someday soon.

That should be all for now. Starting to collect parts and save some money for engine swap.

Comment

• Nice upgrades, b6 rear calipers should fit. Look for the 8E0 rear brake upgrade thread on the forum
        C4 phone is comedy size
        I really like the white needles, do you mind if I ask where you found those?
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Yes, they looked like they will fit, handbrake mechanisms are the same direction too. Didn't had time to take off caliper carriers, but shouldn't be a problem to get them if calipers won't fit on existing carriers.
          Yep, phone setup is massive, especially compared to mobile phone sizes now. Phone itself works, but it requires credit card sized 5v SIM card that's not available anymore.
          I did needles myself. Scratch red paint off and paint them white. Paint comes off easily with paper knife blade. First time I did white needles for standard black 80 cluster ~3 years ago:

Looks exactly like S6+ cluster needles in real life.

Comment

• Looks great
            Do you have a picture lit up on the dark?
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• looks much better with these rims. 5x112 swap opens up much better options for rims. so how does new brakes feel?

Comment

• Really well executed mods as usual. Nice work.

Comment

• Thanks

I have red caps on cluster bulbs so needles lights up red

Without caps they lights up yellowish. Pic from dads A6 with S6+ cluster:

Originally posted by greenone View Post
                  so how does new brakes feel?
                  Feels like s**t, I need to bleed them properly and/or find suitable main cylinder.

Comment

• I love the original ideas on this car, good stuff!

Comment

• This is one of the very best threads on here and one very close to my heart.
                      Massive thanks for sharing as it's people like you that make this forum what it is.
                      Very clever innovative stuff!! Top man
                      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                      96 URS6 plus speck estate
                      94 2.6 80 Avant
                      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                        This is one of the very best threads on here and one very close to my heart.
                        Massive thanks for sharing as it's people like you that make this forum what it is.
                        Very clever innovative stuff!! Top man

I keep coming back to this thread for reference and motivation.
                        Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• Looks mint mate. And the standard of the work is immaculate. Makes me want to buy B4
                          '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                          '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Nice updates. I like the cellular very much. Want that too )

Comment

• Where did the black taillights go? They looked better than the red ones

Comment

• Thanks for kind words guys, that's the best motivation for doing things

I took black taillights off because I was clever enough to drive into neighbours black Ford at night while reversing and smashed left corner light Luckily it was the only one with defect so I was looking for mint condition one anyway.
                                In other news, bled the brakes again today. Got better but there's still some air in system. Not worried much about that, because if everything goes as planned, brake upgrade "stage 2" is just around the corner

Forgot to add these:

Did some sound insulation for center console by recycling insulation from B6:

USA spec cars had this from factory, but this bootlid carpet ir very rare and hard to find here in Europe so I made my own by using carpet from B6 rear firewall:

And for fun and because I can - connected instrument cluster from B6 to my car. Most of gauges and illumination doesn't work because they require CANbus that's not present in B4 (not yet ).

Comment

Working...
                                X