My Pelican blue 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought you might lol
    Yep plug an play, apart from moving the brake lines into place.
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• Nice info there, I was wondering which aluminium calipers might fit when mine give up. Are the pistons bigger in the b6 items? Are there any other differences?

Comment

• Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
        I thought you might lol
        Yep plug an play, apart from moving the brake lines into place.
        Nice, thanks for confirmation.
        VAGcat says 7A also has 25,4mm master cylinder. More options to choose from

Originally posted by bikerjim View Post
        Nice info there, I was wondering which aluminium calipers might fit when mine give up. Are the pistons bigger in the b6 items? Are there any other differences?
        Pistons are 38mm, same as B4. Differences? They're lighter and has retracting springs that B4 doesn't (at least FWD). Handbrake works brilliant now
        Do you have any pics with your car from side?

And two questions:

1) I'm considering A8 R18 Sport wheels for next season. What tyres I should use, 225/40?
        1) Should I start a thread about 5x112 swap using non-S2 parts?

Comment

• I was wondering why your pedal travel had increased? I'll definitely look at this option when mine give up, thanks again for the info.

Here is a pic of my car, most side I have. Like your wheel choice BTW I had these on my coupe. These will be up for sale soon tho.

Comment

• [QUOTE=bikerjim;827151]I was wondering why your pedal travel had increased? I'll definitely look at this option when mine give up, thanks again for the info.

I believe the pedal travel increased because of the larger front calipers. This happened to me when I went from G54 on my 8V to G60. I also used the the MC from a 20V CQ.

Comment

• Nice little project friendly, tons of work involved even for the little jobs, well done so far and looking forward to seeing the next chapters

1998 A6 Q (Suzie)
              2 x B4 80's both 1993 (Heather & Hazel)
              1995 A4 1.6 (Heather II)
              1999 A6 Avant 2.4 (Bollie)
              2001 S6 Avant 4.2 (Rio)
              1995 80 Cabrio 2.6 (Gracie)
              2013 Q7 Flooded & gone
              1995 RS2 2.2 Flooded & gone

Comment

• [QUOTE=Audicted;827171]
                Originally posted by bikerjim View Post
                I was wondering why your pedal travel had increased? I'll definitely look at this option when mine give up, thanks again for the info.

I believe the pedal travel increased because of the larger front calipers. This happened to me when I went from G54 on my 8V to G60. I also used the the MC from a 20V CQ.
                Ahh, that makes sense Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by bikerjim View Post
                  I was wondering why your pedal travel had increased? I'll definitely look at this option when mine give up, thanks again for the info.

Here is a pic of my car, most side I have. Like your wheel choice BTW I had these on my coupe. These will be up for sale soon tho.

What paint did you use or what method to get the blacked out grill so shiny including the rings?

Comment

• I used a gloss black spray paint, plasticoat I think its called.

Comment

• #mdz# please start them!

"Should I start a thread about 5x112 swap using non-S2 parts?"

Comment

• Originally posted by crysty7 View Post
                        #mdz# please start them!

"Should I start a thread about 5x112 swap using non-S2 parts?"
                        http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74874

Been a while since last update so here's a quick one.
                        I've been very busy with other projects lately (as it usually happens over winter when everyone is building their cars ) and had no time to work on my own car. It took me 3 weeks to change topmounts.
                        Anyways here's whats new:

Auto-dim rearview mirror from C5.

Not as cool as Skull had (mine has no compass) but does its job. Fitting is pretty straight forward - fits on the original mount and requires 2-3 wires to be added (ignition, ground and reverse lights so it drops the tint when driving reverse). Doesn't work with tinted windows though.
                        And yes, it's a dried fish hanging from mirror

Custom made shorthifter.

Not much to say about it other than it shifts waaaaay more faster and precise than standard shifter.

Bought set of A8 forged 8J wheels. Now in process of refurbishing. Plan is to polish them to mirror finish.

And bought a cruise control kit

1.8 20v engine. Currently N/A version but I'm not sure if I'll install it as N/A first or get what's missing/different and go with snail power. Anyway engine is low mileage, got it very cheap so it will be a good base for whatever I'll do with it.

One thing I know for sure - it will be controlled by Motronic ME7.5 drive-by-wire engine management. Never seen anyone done this in factory-like fitment on B4 so it will be a challenge.

Don't have a picture yet, but also got a proper right side engine mount for fitting 4cyl 20v engine in B4 I4/I5 chassis. Comes from C4 A6 1.8 ADR and is perfect fit. Cabrio engine mount has some alignment issues on I4/I5 chassis.

And one of how it looks now:

Nothing changed since last year except I lost bumper grill while plowing snow in winter - fell out and I ran over it

Lastly - looking for some experience/advice from S/RS saloon/avant owners. Is it really necessary to use those bottom plastic mounts for side skirts or skirts holds good enough without them? I have only two of them left after winter and heard the same experience from two B5 S4 owners too. Thinking of plugging the holes and running without them rather than buying a ton of them and replacing after a while.

Comment

• One thing I know for sure - it will be controlled by Motronic ME7.5 drive-by-wire engine management. Never seen anyone done this in factory-like fitment on B4 so it will be a challenge.

Shouldn't trouble you for long.

Don't have a picture yet, but also got a proper right side engine mount for fitting 4cyl 20v engine in B4 I4/I5 chassis. Comes from C4 A6 1.8 ADR and is perfect fit. Cabrio engine mount has some alignment issues on I4/I5 chassis.

How did you work this one out ?

Lastly - looking for some experience/advice from S/RS saloon/avant owners. Is it really necessary to use those bottom plastic mounts for side skirts or skirts holds good enough without them? I have only two of them left after winter and heard the same experience from two B5 S4 owners too. Thinking of plugging the holes and running without them rather than buying a ton of them and replacing after a while.

Consider a small bit of 'gaffer' tape discretely placed across one side of them, they won't be seen, but will stop them from being pulled out.

Audi wouldn't have put them on / bothered with them if they weren't needed.

Looking forward to further updates.

Ellipsoids ?

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
                            Shouldn't trouble you for long.
                            Yep. Major issue (or only one?) is the throttle pedal potentiometer. Diesel potentiometer will not work because of different design, B5/C5 doesn't fit in B4 pedalbox. But solution is on the way.

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                            How did you work this one out ?
                            "Oh, lets try that one, maybe it will fit"
                            Last year we (bunch of friends with small garage where we fix cars, build projects and just generally have fun) did 1.8t swap in Cabrio with dead 2.3 under bonnet. Laws here doesn't allow to modify engine mounts - use oem or build your own and hope it will be accepted by MOT along with ton of useless papers. Cabrio mount issue was known because our local forum member did 1.8t swap in his avant where 2.0 ABK previously was and ran into this issue. That was a quick idea to try that C4 mount and it would be success or 15eur loss that would be used to buy a beer anyway.
                            Not the first time when "lets try, maybe it will work" does wonders

Consider a small bit of 'gaffer' tape discretely placed across one side of them, they won't be seen, but will stop them from being pulled out.

Audi wouldn't have put them on / bothered with them if they weren't needed.
                            Yes, they aren't there for no reason, but Audi should have made them a little bit stronger as they sometimes breaks while fitting.
                            Ellipsoids ?
                            Maybe. I love how they looks, but I somehow found non-ellipsoids giving more light and heard same experience from others too
                            Fitting a relays for headlights is on "to do" list for this summer.

Comment

• user bryflyingby has a 1.8t running drive by wire. I saw his car in performancevw very nice conversion

Comment

• the 1.8t is a solid swap in these cars, fits well, works well:

Comment

Working...
                                X