No announcement yet.

Resurrection of my CQ20V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're welcome, hopefully will get you sorted. I still have a few of these gears left when others need them
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Great thread & good to see a nice original cq20v being kept as is

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
      You're welcome, hopefully will get you sorted. I still have a few of these gears left when others need them
      - sorry for thread drift -
      Hi Greg , could i be so cheeky & ask if i can buy one off you? , as my odometer has stopped working on the 90q

many thanks chris
      Last edited by slacky; 21 July 2016, 12:41.
      sigpic
      Cab 2.3E
      90q
      URS6

Comment

• Odometer gear fitted a few weeks ago now, been working great ever since

Rattling from front suspension was getting on my wick, so had a look when I did the odometer -ARB drop links had perished and/or split gaiters.... doh, that was about the only part I didn't replace(!)

Two lemforder items ordered, and fitted them yesterday, I now have silent suspension!

An easy job, that if it hadn't been the drop links could end up being a massive one... (top mounts etc) probably why I put it off having a look so long. Old joints were properly mullered too, so felt good about doing them after all

I need to pull the clocks again, I think I have a plug loose, as the temperature gauge sometime randomly drops to zero, and also the auto check coolant alarm goes off randomly -I've disconnected the header tank sender to test that, but still does it! Will also adjust the tachometer so 7K means 7K again -teach me to fiddle with an unknown pot
        Last edited by Bowie69; 30 August 2016, 11:29.

Comment

• Ive lost count of the number of drop links I have fitted over the year, they just don't seem to be that robust.
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• True, these were OK, and I re-booted them 2.5 years and 25K ago... (wow, really that much!)

Been rattling for more than 6 months though

Comment

• Tell a lie, they were NEW, replaced 2. 5 years ago(!).

Failed through split boots and rusted...

Comment

• Oh, and finalised the vacuum lines for the servo/difflock, with a nice brass t-piece and some vacuum line

Comment

• Pair of handbrake cables replaced the other day, nice simple job, and a handbrake I can trust on a 1:4 gradient for the first time in my ownership!

Also noticed LH rear diff mount is mullered, that'll be the banging then(!). One on order and will fit ASAP, as getting on my wick.

MOT Friday, fingers crossed

Comment

• New side diff mount fitted, silent on uptake now, reckon old one was faulty when installed .... Wouldn't surprise me.

Checked the diff backlash, wasn't inconsequential, but obviously not the cause of the banging, as that has gone with the mount change

Also rules out prop centre bearing, all good!

Comment

• Oh, and MOT passed!

Comment

• Excellent! [emoji41]

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Now, maybe I should give it a wash..... I daren't put a picture up on here at the moment!

Comment

• Before and after pics are in order [emoji6]

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Aye, c'mon pictures!

Comment

• It's raining, does that count?

Comment