No announcement yet.

S2 avant, emerald green.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down at the "monster in law's" Tues to Thurs so took a few pics.

Comment

Very clean!
      B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Wow,she's really coming on now,looking very clean and i really like those last
        4 pictures.Hard to choose but i think this one is my favourite.Stunning!
        This months photo contender.

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Looks awesome, John - how many hours did it take you to remove all the old grime?!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
            ... how many hours....
            ....you mean weeks?!

Cheers guys, it is looking better but ultimately paintwork is on the horizon?.......much to do before that happens though.

Comment

Well done you!! I'd shave that dog from now before it even puts a paw inside!!

Comment

Steady on... Load luggers (Avants) are meant to have a dog in the boot i thought? Otherwise Audi would have given us all a free gold fish and only produced Coupes??? Lol....

Mind, im not sure my dog has ever been in the boot of my avant and ive had it 6 years... wait, tell a lie, I put my old dog in the boot once for a weeks holiday in Cornwall. Never done it since so that tells you something lol.

Comment

Personally, I think that it's more fitting to have The Emerald Guard from Takeshi's Castle in there - no one would mess with your S2 with these maniacs in the back!!

http://9gag.com/tv/p/ayW2G6/japanese...e01-tv-program

Comment

Changed engine oil and filter today.....just because?! (Jack had done it recently but you know how it is!)
                    Got it up in the air at my in-laws workshop, first time I've been underneath it .....so the list is growing!
                    n/s outer cv boot split/leaking....not badly.
                    Bomb leaking....BADLY !!
                    Gearbox leak....nothing compared to above!
                    o/s diff/driveshaft seal leaking.
                    Exhaust silencer mount missing from n/s/r where front to rear brake pipe is?

The leaking bomb is the main priority, will need to clean it down but looks to be leaking from the brake pipe type union??......anyone know if this is the most likely culprit?

Comment

Nice list there.

I too am missing the Exhaust silencer mount in the same place i think and its harder than you think to find a replacement...

When i thought my bomb was leaking i actually tracked it back to a leak from the union of the pipe from the powersteering pump. Just saying as this may also be your culprit rather than the bomb itself. Makes the job of repairing so much easier, quicker and cheaper....

If that is the case, take the old pipe to a good hydraulic centre and get one made as i did. Some people say non original pipes make things whine but mine has been on for about 2 years now and does not whine at all. I wonder if its pot luck or not?

Good luck, hth's

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                        ... i actually tracked it back to a leak from the union of the pipe from the powersteering pump.
                        Is this the one with the banjo bolt?

Comment

Ummm.......????? Without having it in front of me i cant be sure but i think so. There is a rubber pipe with a funny metal end that goes to the front of the car at the top of the engine that bolts to the PS pump... off the top of my head I cant remember whether the lower joint to the bomb has a banjo bolt but try following the hose from the ps pump to the bomb and im sure it will be easy to spot.

I know the top of the bomb on mine looked moist and all round the area including all joints on the bomb looked misted and it was all due to that pipe (mentioned above) having a slight leak that must have been so insignificant but never the less caused this, so i swapped the pipe and all is dry....

Sorry i cant be more specific, without the car in front of me i cant remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                            Ummm.......????? .............. without the car in front of me i cant remember.
                            Stay tuned, I'm going out for a look!

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                              Changed engine oil and filter today.....just because?!

And what did you refill it with?

As far as other problems are concerned,i'm sure you will do it in your sleep. Very jealous you have access to a lift,do you think you could post one down to me?
                              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                              96 URS6 plus speck estate
                              94 2.6 80 Avant
                              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                                And what did you refill it with?
                                5/30 full synth............sorry not your posh stuff.

Banjo hose comes from the pump.
                                Return to the reservoir is the hose on the top.
                                Brake pipe type goes to the master cylinder area.

Will clean it all and see what's what......but not today!

Comment

Working...
                                X