Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John. View Post

Banjo hose comes from the pump.
    Return to the reservoir is the hose on the top.
    Brake pipe type goes to the master cylinder area.

Will clean it all and see what's what......but not today!
    In all honesty, you may struggle to clean it sufficiently but check the lower half of that pipe as half way down it will be a stiff section with a thicker rubber sleeve round it (For protection?) and i had noticed the hazing had started from there on mine. I think i was lucky in that aspect as it made it my first port of call for a clue on what to change. If yours is not leaking from there you may have to clean it, use the car and regularly check the bomb for signs of leaks and hope it is clear enough to identify the location.

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
      In all honesty, you may struggle to clean it sufficiently, but check the lower half it will be a stiff section with a thicker rubber sleeve round it (For protection?)
      Superb!!

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

In all honesty, you may struggle to clean it sufficiently but check the lower half of that pipe as half way down it will be a stiff section with a thicker rubber sleeve round it (For protection?) and i had noticed the hazing had started from there on mine. I think i was lucky in that aspect as it made it my first port of call for a clue on what to change. If yours is not leaking from there you may have to clean it, use the car and regularly check the bomb for signs of leaks and hope it is clear enough to identify the location.
        Cheers Chris, I'll see in due course.
        Cheers,
        John.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
          Superb!!

Haha I have no idea what happened there as that's not what I meant to type. Now I've read it again it does make me laugh... Ooo err Mrs lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
            Superb!!

Trust you!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
              Trust you!!

Aye, .. .. up there for thinking,down there for dancing!
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

YEAH, BABY!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Been reading through the "Replacing Fuel Lines" sticky post and got looking for pipe etc, came across a few things on evil-bay. Interested in plastic stuff, I've replace metal for plastic on a few of my previous cars but the fuel pressure wasn't as high as what the Audis' run at. I'm thinking around 4 bar is standard on S2 ???? (anyone)
                  I like the idea of the stuff listed below, fitting would be a doddle but not sure of it's resilience to petrol.
                  I'll be going the kunifer/copper route with compression fittings but would be interested to hear your thoughts on the links below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8mm-Push-e...item19cee38fe2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nylon-Metr...PWvHYVUfiVf1sw

Comment

When i replaced my fuel lines on my avant John i used the Cupre Nichol stuff with the compression fittings on the bulkhead. This was done 3 - 4 years ago and they still look in good nick today.

Try contacting AndyGPlym as i know he had some new avant fuel lines kicking around a while ago and he might still have them...

im not sure about the whole plastic route bud... easier to break if caught on something?

Comment

im not sure about the whole plastic route bud... easier to break if caught on something?
                      ......and there's the issue of heat towards the front of the car too. As said I will be going the metal pipe route. Incidentally the pipes aren't leaking on the car but they are on my Coupe, so I'll be doing a trial run on it first.
                      Cheers for the input.

Comment

I found on the avant there was a heat shield near the lower half of the bulkhead just after it curves up from the floor.... I peeled that back and have put the compression fitting joins under that, then peeld it back over to proved cover, and protection to the joints there.

Not a bad idea to trial run on another car lol. I unfortunately had a leak occur making me do this job....

Comment

Changed the fuel filter today, fooked the pipe from the filter so did a little by-pass.......anyway, here's the old filter.
                          Audi part......wonder if it was the original?

So I cut it open and some Guinness spewed out.....

I'd like to think it'll run better now although it was going ok anyway......psychologically it WILL be running better!

Comment

Looks factory fresh alright. The black stuff is most likely the remains of the carbon brushes in the fuel pump, probably best to add one to your christmas list
                            91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                            93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                            94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                              Looks factory fresh alright. The black stuff is most likely the remains of the carbon brushes in the fuel pump, probably best to add one to your christmas list
                              Aye, pump's done alright....160 odd thousand miles. It can wait though.......my coupe needs some lovin' !!

Comment

Was the filter easy enough to change John, (apart from the broken pipe ) Or did you have to lower the fuel tank or anything?

Good to hear the coupe's not getting neglected
                                1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X