Happy customer here!
      I used a 2004 Phaeton booster and Master Cylinder
      thanks!

1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
      1995 90
      2011 A4 Avant
      1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

Grillage Is there any difference between LHD or RHD brake booster?Or it only depends on in what car (LHD/RHD) is used?
        Last edited by Tom_; 7 April 2019, 18:16.
        Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Looks like you’ve had a busy weekend Ben
          Enjoy
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
            Grillage Is there any difference between LHD or RHD brake booster?Or it only depends on in what car (LHD/RHD) is used?
            I really don’t know. I don’t get much exposure to RHD cars!

1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
            1995 90
            2011 A4 Avant
            1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

NO problem, i order the left one, to be sure and no useless try with RHD booster
              Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

I have observed no difference at all between LHD and RHD - they both fit and work exactly the same.
                It really just matters what you can find locally.

HTH
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

The vacuum check valve is on the other side on RHD/LHD.

Having some trouble with my vacuum conversion, but that's not Paul's parts fault. - the kit is still very well done.

Anyone else mounted this kit on an RS2 or S2 with big brakes? My brakes gradually begins to drag more and more while driving, while the pedals hardens brutally. Tried two boosters, plenty of bleeding done.
                  Last edited by andersg; 1 May 2019, 21:44.

Comment

Finally time for an update from me - installed an s4 booster using this kit on my V6 cabrio. Everything I needed was supplied, although I hadn't thought too hard about the hydraulic side of things, and end up needing two brake fitting blanks, one for hydraulic return below the steering rack, and one to blank hydraulic pump output to the bomb (used to be a banjo Bolt). With my BMW brembo conversion this combo works great! Much better modulation than the hydraulic system

For any V6 users considering this there are a few things that make this job a bit more painful. The fuel lines run in the way of the booster and need relocating, and the bracket holding them needs removal (4x spot welds to drill) General line routing around the master cylinder needs very careful consideration as it is very tight! OEM intake hose pushes against the master cylinder also. For me not such a big deal as I'm planning a new intake anyways, but if you want to stay OEM I'd recommend a narrower booster as the intake touching the master cylinder means you get some engine vibration transmitted to your foot, and I don't expect the intake tube to last very long...

Some pics attached, hopefully this helps!
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• My booster isn't holding vacuum. I am running a Phaeton 27mm MC and booster - are the boosters interchangeable with the smaller MC's? Finding the Phaeton Booster is harder than any other dual stage
                      1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
                      1995 90
                      2011 A4 Avant
                      1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

• Hey Ben
                        It’s a bit of a mix n match in there. The bolt patterns are they same, but the push-rod inside that transfers pedal force to the MC do vary in length. You can interchange the pushrods, so if you find the new booster has a different rod length you should be able to swap in the rod from your Phaeton booster. I’ll caveat this by saying that I’ve not seen every permutation of booster & MC and this only goes for those that I’ve seen! If you find different please share the knowledge here

HTH
                        Alex
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Exactly right! Swapped the A4 booster in with the Phaeton rod and all good!

1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
                          1995 90
                          2011 A4 Avant
                          1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

• PM'd... got to get in on this.
                            //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

• So what generation brake booster am I looking for?
                              S4/RS4..... B6/B7 B8?
                              S6/RS6..... C6 C7
                              A8/R8

I want to view all my options for the brake fluid reservoir too. Their must be a few different shapes.
                              //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

• You can use any B6/B7/B8/C6/C7/D2/D3/Phaeton/R8 booster & MC
                                You should choose the booster & MC from the same car as there are some differences in the fitment between the platforms which involves the booster/MC interface. This dictates reservoir choices also. The B8 and later reservoir level switch is inverted, ie it is normally closed and alarm is triggered when it opens, this is the opposite of what the Autocheck expects, so the level warning must be triggered via a relay. The B6/B7/C6 reservoir is a good choice
                                HTH
                                Alex
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X