My Ocianic Blue Ur restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

I could probably get some made from mine if you like. The place that made my Nothelle badges hopefully would
    That would be cool
    I'm wondering how to get the labels out of my original lid in one piece :think:

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post

That would be cool
      I'm wondering how to get the labels out of my original lid in one piece :think:
      Try warming them up with a hair dryer
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• WD40 works as well

Comment

• Clutch master was a pig. Got there in the end. It's not normally necessary but I dropped the pedal box. Someone has put a split pin at the pivot and it was impossible to remove. Dropping the pedal box gave access so I could remove the whole arm.

I had a spare correct pin and clip (right).

Everything cleaned up and re greased ready to re fit.
          I'm going to grease all the other pivot points while I'm in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Good move, any space back there for more Deadmat?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
              Good move, any space back there for more Deadmat?
              Yes!
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Thanks to Issimo over on the Classic Audi site, I have a few of the missing parts and was able to get the rear hatch wiring sorted.
                I also got the clutch master all fitted, pedal box back in with all pivot points stripped down and re greased. Two new bushes on the throttle pedal cable end and finally the refurbished heater box back in. Now I used slightly thicker foam strip between the box and bulkhead and now I can't get the bar to engage. Happy days!

Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Its a very tight fit as standard anyway so give it a bit more grunt

Comment

• Yes, I gave it a good tug and it went on.

Got a new spring for the brake pedal lever. (Thanks Rob)

The
                    Old one had snapped.

New steering ram gaiter fitted. I used a Lemforder one. The lock wire is to prevent it slipping off the locking tab which is also new.

I spent ages yesterday trying to fit the ram. I couldn't get the seal to fit. Again, advice from another forum member and I was sorted. You need to fit the ram first then push the seal on from inside the car.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• No much happening at the moment due to it being so cold in the garage.
                      One thing I did do was have a go at the old carpet. If you remember from an earlier post, I had a rat in the loft of the garage where everything had been carefully stored and he did quite a bit of damage. The carpet was one such thing. Just recently I ordered a new carpet from Germany but when it arrived I was very disappointed with the quality and sent it straight back.
                      My damaged carpet is in very good condition apart from two rat holes. I have some good quality Audi 80 black carpet that matches and I now intend to cut some patches and repair it.
                      What needed doing first was to remove all the rubbery backing that was breaking up and making a mess everywhere. A cold day was perfect for this job as the rubber had gone very brittle in -6c.

After the liner was removed , into the warm house for a vac and shampoo.

Now, when dry I will cut a patch that mirrors the hole and glue it in place from behind with some backing material. I did this on the S2 carpet with surprisingly good results.

Other work done since my last update was to re fit the fuse box. The very kind painters removed it and didn't mark any of the connectors so I had to ask Facebook Ur group for help.

How it came back to me once masking removed.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• That's criminal leaving the loom in that state. Unbelieveable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                          No much happening at the moment due to it being so cold in the garage.
                          One thing I did do was have a go at the old carpet. If you remember from an earlier post, I had a rat in the loft of the garage where everything had been carefully stored and he did quite a bit of damage. The carpet was one such thing. Just recently I ordered a new carpet from Germany but when it arrived I was very disappointed with the quality and sent it straight back.
                          My damaged carpet is in very good condition apart from two rat holes. I have some good quality Audi 80 black carpet that matches and I now intend to cut some patches and repair it.
                          What needed doing first was to remove all the rubbery backing that was breaking up and making a mess everywhere. A cold day was perfect for this job as the rubber had gone very brittle in -6c.

After the liner was removed , into the warm house for a vac and shampoo.

Now, when dry I will cut a patch that mirrors the hole and glue it in place from behind with some backing material. I did this on the S2 carpet with surprisingly good results.

Other work done since my last update was to re fit the fuse box. The very kind painters removed it and didn't mark any of the connectors so I had to ask Facebook Ur group for help.

How it came back to me once masking removed.

Does the fuse box come down into the car or does it have to go upwards? I forget

Can’t see any other reason they would have unplugged it?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• It has to go up
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I worded that badly!

Is it removed upwards into the plenum or downwards into the car? If it is removed downwards then there's no need for them to have unplugged anything.
                              However, IIRC, the multi plugs are colour coded. And the wiring will be set into a shape so it's hard to get them wrong.
                              I did quite a bit of untangling on mine, particularly around the relay carrier, everything seemed really tight but it was down to sub looms being plugged in the wrong order, it's much easier to see what's going on now. My car has the first year ABS system with 3 separate relays and a bunch of extra wiring, I had a short where two wires were twisted together and the insulation had failed, took a while to find that!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• It's removed upwards into the plenum. All the colour coded plugs are back in plus the main supply red thick wires. Just hope they are all on the correct blades. I do have a couple of wires left and can't see where they go. I will just have to see what's not working when I get to that point.
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X