• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you reattach the door pockets?

Comment

Originally posted by Audicted View Post
      How do you reattach the door pockets?
      When I removed the pockets, I carefully drilled the heads off the plastic rivets. And then I just used screws and washers from the inside of the door card to reattach the pockets. I think it was small #4 sheet metal screws and #6 washers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
      1991 Audi CQ - Project
      1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

I am happy to report the coupe and 3B have become one.

And I have procured a hard to find (in the states) replacement windshield.

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

Originally posted by jbrentd View Post
          And I have procured a hard to find (in the states) replacement windshield.
          Pretty hard to find in Europe too. So, you are a lucky man.

Comment

Looks great. You are doing a very nice job!

Jase

Comment

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post

Pretty hard to find in Europe too. So, you are a lucky man.
              It is an aftermarket...hopefully the install goes smoothly.

Originally posted by Jaswan View Post
              Looks great. You are doing a very nice job!

Jase
              Thanks!
              1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

So, after many attempts at acquiring an S2 style bumper and even making a custom IC and crossmember for my old euro bumper (you can kind of see it in the first pic), I finally found a euro bumper that will allow me to use the OEM IC and crossmember.

Finding time in the shop has proven to be difficult lately with several little projects and regular work around the house. But I think I have the entire engine harness all lined out and connected, as well as the hoses/lines for turbo discharge, fuel, evap and vacuum systems.

IMG_3849.JPG

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

I like that you are keeping the B3 hood. I converted to B4 years ago and sometimes I wish I hadn't

Comment

Love the coating on the IM and boost pipe wish I'd done mine after I got them soda blasted they look rubbish again now

Comment

• What is the brand and model of your 4-post lift? At max hight can you fit another small chassis underneath?

Comment

• Originally posted by Audicted View Post
                        I like that you are keeping the B3 hood. I converted to B4 years ago and sometimes I wish I hadn't
                        When I found a cabriolet in a local yard, I was only really interested in the belly pan. But I walked out with all the parts to do the conversion. But the prices on ellipsoids changed my mind. So, I ended up selling most of them for a profit.
                        1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                          Love the coating on the IM and boost pipe wish I'd done mine after I got them soda blasted they look rubbish again now
                          Thanks!
                          1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by nribs View Post
                            What is the brand and model of your 4-post lift? At max hight can you fit another small chassis underneath?
                            It's a DirectLift Pro-Park 8, made by Rotary. Yes, plenty of room for another underneath it. It's just a little too short to fit my 3rd gen 4Runner. The Pro-Park 8 Plus would fit most trucks underneath, but I found this used one for sale locally.
                            1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

• So, I have been attempting to DIY refurbish the driver's seat. It's pretty cracked and has a couple of holes from normal wear. This is after some filler, but before I applied new leather dye.

This is after I applied a couple coats of leather dye. I still need to apply a couple more coats, but I am having some troubles getting a good color match.

I've also been looking at different aftermarket options for seats and the only ones that I really liked were offerings from Recaro. I definitely did not want to spend that kind of money on new ones and used grey leather Recaros don't show up for sale very often.

Having owned my dad's C4 corvette for a bit now, I have started to appreciate the seats it has and the availability of options for replacement foam/covers. After comparing measurements between the 2 sets and some searching on FB marketplace, I found this set of early C4 non-sport seats in grey. They aren't perfect, but useable and I have off-the-shelf options down the road if I want to refresh them. $250 for them seemed like a decent deal. As for mounting them, I have a set of Planted brackets that are made for the B3 chassis and I made a simple adapter plate to mount them to that. The color match looks better in person than in this picture.

Here they are mounted in the CQ. I think they’ll work pretty well.

They need a little adjusting on the Planted brackets and I’m not sure yet how I’m gonna attached the seat belt receivers yet since there’s a clearance issue with the B3 slider rail.

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

• Hey mate, lovely work on the car. I sent you PM few days ago, could you please check it? Also, what is that terminal , where goes two red wires?Also how big positive wire you used? 0Awg , some silicone of ptfe insulation? Thanks
                                Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Working...
                                X