Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s0_big
    replied
    You are keeping god pace here The breaks are looking good! Saw you did your LCD display, man those fiddly Jobs scare me. But its nice when its done. Keep up the good work. Say hi to the cat from Sweden!

Leave a comment:

• B5NUT
    replied
    See the front seal is still available, but the rear is another tradition item.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    New brake fluid bottles are available at Tradition. 60 euros.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    I do have a really good Gerson mask which I use when spraying with the compressor but must admit I only use a P3 disposable when using the rattle can

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Clutch bled using my favourite pressure bleeder. I haven’t tried the clutch pedal yet. Fingers crossed. I will try it tomorrow. I’ve BTDT with clutch bleeding and will be surprised if it works first go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    I removed the reservoir and washed it in hot soapy water. Dried overnight in front of the logstove. But, be careful. I failed to get it back on as the two seals had expanded slighly. Luckily, had two good spares here and got it back on with those.

Leave a comment:

• B5NUT
    replied
    The red looks good and unless you put them next to the Porsche red your never going to notice. How are you cleaning out the brake fluid reservoir? I've had limited success with cleaning reservoirs over the years, I would like to clean mine out as it could do with a clean and I noticed the reservoir is not longer available (what a surprise).

Any that coating that last, protects and produces a good finish is normally bad for your health. I use a 3M half mask & 3M 6055 filters. I will be doing a bit more painting next year so going to upgrade to a full mask as the isocyanates in 2k can leach into into you body via your eye. Nice...

Leave a comment:

• struikie
    replied
    VHT is nice and durable stuff.
    In Holland it's only allowed to be sold to companies nowadays. It probably isn't the best stuff for your health.
    I personally always use a quality mask with good filters when using spray paint.

JW

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    It was the VHT brand. They only do one red. It's not a perfect match with the original Porsche red, more post box red. Still looks good mind. Seems to be a quality product, made in America.

Leave a comment:

• B5NUT
    replied
    Callipers have come out very nice what paint did you use?

Leave a comment:

• Rikki Kitto
    replied
    Dealt with HEL lots over the years they are great

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by struikie View Post
    Are you going to apply a clear coat after adding the decals?

JW
    Yes, that's the plan

Leave a comment:

• struikie
    replied
    Are you going to apply a clear coat after adding the decals?

JW

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Got an afternoon in the garage.
    Had a chat with Hel on Monday on they kindly made me a hard line replacement for the clutch. It came today.

I was a little concerned when it arrived as I hadn’t been specific about how the two ends were angled and they placed the angles both facing the same way.
    However, it seems to fit quite well.

What took over an hour to sort was a clip in the centre of the run to hold it to the bulkhead. No space at all in there.

Bleed bottle attached and I was just about to start bleeding it when I had a look in the brake fluid reservoir. Shock and horror! Some creatures have taken over in there.

So, it’s come in the house for a thorough clean out. It’s a black mould gunge stuff and very reluctant to leave!

My brakes were baked in the oven for an hour at 95c as per the VHT instructions and I’m quite pleased with the finish.

I can do the new seals tonight over a glass of wine.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X