Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My S2 coupe bit of a rebuild and repair thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great job! Could you tell me how to disassemble them? Mine are very ugly and I would like to cover them with real carbon.

CHEERS

Comment

• Originally posted by fish View Post
      Maybe you could have them vinyl wrapped?
      Not keen on vinyl wrapping. Would rather have them painted. However If anyone is looking to fix up their trims then I really do recommend getting them power coated. I don't think paint will last long where the door rubbers touch the trim. Power coating would be the best option. So will be getting my trims sent to my local powder coating company to be done up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waje View Post
        Great job! Could you tell me how to disassemble them? Mine are very ugly and I would like to cover them with real carbon.

CHEERS
        I followed this thread. https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...-cover-fitting However I also used the following removal tool the slide the trims towards the front of the car as they were stuck fast.

The tool has a slight hook on the end.
        image_85259.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Waje View Post
          Great job! Could you tell me how to disassemble them? Mine are very ugly and I would like to cover them with real carbon.

CHEERS
          They do look good in carbon, I had a carbon covered set on mine but the lacquer started to lift so I swapped back to the originals.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

• Not keen on exterior carbon fibre, however I do like the real interior carbon trim.

Went over the Scarborough VIA Thornton-le-Dale. and got an impressive 29.1 MPG
            mpg.jpg

On a side note If anyone is thinking about a trip to the old Mathewsons place to have a look around I would not bother. They have removed all of the memorabilia from the showroom and it's now full of branded Bangers and Cash tat like T-shirts, and other branded junk .

Also replaced some of the vacuum hoses today. They were not in the best of condition around the clips
            pipe.jpg

One of the pipes I left was this one, it's about 7cm long and it's not clipped at either end. Anyone know what it's for?
            pipe1.jpg

Comment

• My home town Scarborough Spinks on here is also there if you needany advice and help he knows these cars inside out

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
                Not keen on exterior carbon fibre, however I do like the real interior carbon trim.

Went over the Scarborough VIA Thornton-le-Dale. and got an impressive 29.1 MPG
                mpg.jpg

On a side note If anyone is thinking about a trip to the old Mathewsons place to have a look around I would not bother. They have removed all of the memorabilia from the showroom and it's now full of branded Bangers and Cash tat like T-shirts, and other branded junk .

Also replaced some of the vacuum hoses today. They were not in the best of condition around the clips
                pipe.jpg

One of the pipes I left was this one, it's about 7cm long and it's not clipped at either end. Anyone know what it's for?
                pipe1.jpg
                Looks like the evap valve goes to the carbon canister inside the front wing

Comment

• Thanks. So I guess that is not under any pressure.

Also update on my BOM warning light. Changed the PAS fluid sensor cap with a new one I got from tradition and so far the waring light/sound has not returned.
                  pas.jpg

Comment

• Still worth putting clips on bud

Comment

• That's how it's come from the factory. I've not touched that pipe, as to get access to it I've got to remove a fair amount of bits so have just left that one.

Comment

• I'm not 100% sure it's the evap bud

Comment

• I'm pretty sure that short pipe with no clips is linked to the EVAP system and only ever see's vacuum, hence no clips.
                          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• That T piece supplies vacuum to the AC recirc valve and it’s vacuum reservoir inside the left wing. It has a one-way valve built in to stop boost pressure getting to the recirc valve hence the clip on the manifold side.
                            There is another check valve under the back seat for the diff lock and it’s reservoir.

Here is Paul’s schematic which is a bit vague around this particular vac circuit. I think on the ABY the T and the check valve are all in one.

Incidentally, vacuum to the carbon canister is applied by the ECU opening the N80 valve when the throttle is closed, N80 is plumbed to a bigger pipe with another check valve and a T to the PCV under the inlet manifold!

https://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/188845.phtml

https://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21014.phtml
                            Last edited by newsh; 5 June 2022, 08:47.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for the info John, so that pipe does only ever so vacuum but for different reasons than I thought.
                              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                                Thanks for the info John, so that pipe does only ever so vacuum but for different reasons than I thought.
                                Yes, vac only unless the check valve goes wrong.
                                If you look closely at the image of the diff lock check valve in the tree diagram above, you’ll see one thing that can go wrong, symptoms of this are a loud whistling from under the rear seat

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X