My 3B Coupé Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
    Is there an assylum for owners of S2 in more than 20 pieces as i need to apply for formal membership shortly.....
    If you find it let us know. I'll have the chicken soup and the rubber wallpaper please. mmmmmmmarvellous.
    Last edited by Nj; 13 July 2007, 10:58.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Seeing your pictures bought back some horrible memories Stu. Its a pity you live so far away,I would come and lend a hand,I could allways take a couple of days holidayand buy you that beer,it looks like might need it

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
        I know steve will have to take his S2 apart at some point once we all have shiney nook and crannies....

Is there an assylum for owners of S2 in more than 20 pieces as i need to apply for formal membership shortly.....thanksfully I hope not to be ing as far as you have Stu, though that front on picture of your engine bay has just reminded me how buried the bloody steering rack is

Anyone any ideas how much a powder coat of things like struts and subframe would cost?

Cheers (and good luck putting it all back together )

David
        Good luck with the steering rack David. I wouldn't fancy doing that job with the engine in. Having the dash out and gearbox removed is a bonus too. It was really easy to get at.

Thanks for your support though guys. I may need a little help from the forum to get this lot back together.

A little update:

Engine bay with the last parts of the A/C removed.

Steering rack is out. It looked as if some of the seals were weeping, so I'll find out if I can get it refurbished.

A little corrosion on one of the hydraulic pipes. Guess I'll be getting a new one then.

I got a spare rear subframe powder coated some time ago. It cost about £40 IIRC. I've just stripped the front subframe and have wire brushed the rust off. I'm going to paint it with Hammerite as I'd like to start putting some of this car back together, rather than taking more parts to Birmingham.
        SS

Comment

Great work Stu

You have done a mighty strip down there.
          Will all be worth it when you get her back together tho...definately a good few weekends there tho!!

Comment

Looks like your having as much fun as me Stu,
            How did you find the AC bolts and lines in the wheel arch? Think i am going to use a grinder to get mine out as the heads are corroded

Let me know your findings of the rack and i may get mine done whilst the engine is out
            Chef

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post

How did you find the AC bolts and lines in the wheel arch? Think i am going to use a grinder to get mine out as the heads are corroded

Let me know your findings of the rack and i may get mine done whilst the engine is out
              Is your car as stripped as that James?

both subframes and propshaft out?

We demand pics

Comment

Originally posted by s2dude View Post
                Is your car as stripped as that James?

both subframes and propshaft out?

We demand pics
                Will post in my project thread monday

I still have the dash though....... not for long
                Chef

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post

Ok mate.

The A/C pipe clips in the wheel arch? They were a little corroded. A 10mm socket no longer fitted the front one. I had to get the mole grips on it, but it did unscrew in the end. The pipes themselves look ok. My A/C system didn't seem to have a problem with leaks, other than the compressor. I've got another one of those from Sal to try.

It looks like a couple of the hoses to the bomb have leaky joints though. So I'll have to fix them while I'm in there.
                  That reminds me. Did a cheap source for the brake bomb materialise?
                  SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                    Ok mate.

The A/C pipe clips in the wheel arch? They were a little corroded. A 10mm socket no longer fitted the front one. I had to get the mole grips on it, but it did unscrew in the end. The pipes themselves look ok. My A/C system didn't seem to have a problem with leaks, other than the compressor. I've got another one of those from Sal to try.

It looks like a couple of the hoses to the bomb have leaky joints though. So I'll have to fix them while I'm in there.
                    That reminds me. Did a cheap source for the brake bomb materialise?

yeah. pm user andyp.

He found and used the guy successfully for OEM febi bomb iirc

Comment

Did you ever get back the parts that you lent out?

Comment

Originally posted by s2dude View Post
                        yeah. pm user andyp.

He found and used the guy successfully for OEM febi bomb iirc
                        Ah yes. I didn't see the outcome of this thread. Cheers.

I haven't got all the parts back yet, but I don't really need them ATM, so it's not a problem. I don't just lend them out to anyone.
                        SS

Comment

hey stu when i saw your car in bits i thought i was in sal's garage and witnessing another being stripped

Comment

Funny you should say that, as that's exactly what I though when I stepped back and admired my handy work. Good job Sal's not here with his 12" disc cutter.
                            I've yet to take the disc cutter to my battery tray, damn thing. I'm still psycing myself up, despite taking the angle grinder to the S3 a couple of weeks ago.
                            SS

Comment

why not use a hack saw ?its a lot less messy .
                              then clean up with a gringing disc

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                                I'm also looking at removing the ProConTen cables and associated stuff.
                                Have you got to this yet? Planning on doing the same but no idea how easy it will be.

Cheers,

Mark.
                                91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                                93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                                94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Working...
                                X