• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking progresive stu,

Like the battery tray :mischeif:
    Chef

Comment

Thanks to terrybullwon and s2_bo for the links to paints4u.com. I've now got some LY9Z and lacquer at the ready.
      I'm sure October isn't the best time for painting cars. I could do with some nice weather.

Yes. The battery tray is gone. Stupid thing. I'll just have to put the battery somewhere else now.

My hat goes off to anyone that has done an engine loom swap, especially with the engine and battery tray in place. I've just wrestled and bagged the ****** up for now.
      SS

Comment

Good work Stu, keep up the good work!
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
          Good work Stu, keep up the good work!
          Thanks Andy. Cheers for sorting out the new bomb. As you can see, I'm not quite ready to fit it yet.
          SS

Comment

Just remember, once it's all sorted you'll have one of the best 3Bs in the country with useable power (and shyte loads of it), track pretentions and it'll be panther black so you'll be happy! Stick in there son.
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Blimey Stu, thats serious work there getting rid of everything in the engine bay Top link that paits4u, finally somewhere that can mix up a pearlescent white so i can get rid of the rust slam panel i seem to have got.

When are you planning to finish this project?
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Looking good, wish I had the space to work on mine like this instead of the road side.

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                  When are you planning to finish this project?
                  Errr... Yeah... Good question.

Well, this project kind of started when I bought the car about four years ago. The option then was to buy a late ABY which would've taken all my budget and a bit more, or a old 3B and have some cash left to throw at it. I test drove an ABY and tried to drive it like my cq20v, so I didn't like it much.
                  I'm still not sure whether I'm going to like the 6 speed 'box I'm planning to fit, but have found out that the 5 speeds don't like much abuse, so needs must.

But you know how these projects go. I'm sure it will never be finished. At the moment I'm concentrating on getting on with all the jobs that can be done while the engine is out. I wanted an S2 for years before I got it, and I bought the car for keeps, so I hope I've got plenty of time to get it all sorted.

I'm going to miss the S2 over winter, that's for sure. I'm not liking the thought of not being able to drive it when the air is cool, and the roads are empty.
                  SS

Comment

yeah totally know where you're coming from and i can't tell you how stupidly excited i was tonight getting into the car to take it out for the 1st time since June I handled like a b*tch and there are a couple of things to do still but its felt like sooooo long since i took it off the road.

Best of luck and i'll be keeping an eye on the thread
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

So whats making you change from koni's to billsteins?

Just put koni's on the front of mine so not too bad at present, gotta get the rear soon.

Comment

I've made a little more progress this weekend.

I'm almost ready to start putting bits back in there now.
                        SS

Comment

wow thats a huuuge improvement what paint is that?
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Looking good there Stu.

When are you planning on putting bits back in then??

Before Christmas i hope..

P.s. i hope your not dripping paint on my rims..
                            91 S2 coupé - RIP
                            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Nice! Keep it up, you may have the car back on the road before 2010
                              S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                                So whats making you change from koni's to billsteins?

Just put koni's on the front of mine so not too bad at present, gotta get the rear soon.
                                Because the cars handling is totally different with bilsteins in comparison

There are multiple specific threads if you wish to continue this discussion, Hpmuirt has 2 such threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X