No announcement yet.

My 3B Coupé Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violet RS2 big end shell. I'm using these for upper and lower shells.

Piston rings alligned, compressed and the piston is tapped into place.

Last one.

SS

Comment

looking good stu
      what power are you going for

paint job on the block looks ok

you can't see any probs
      from my house anyway
      1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
      2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
      3. H & R SPRINGS
      4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
      5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
      6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
      7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
      8. fmic fitted

Comment

Originally posted by topsparky View Post
        looking good stu
        what power are you going for

paint job on the block looks ok

you can't see any probs
        from my house anyway
        Cheers Deano.

Power output will depend on what turbo I finally decide to fit. I've already changed my mind twice.
        SS

Comment

Now theres a Sunday well sent

Looks great stu, thanks for the pics!!!
          91 S2 coupé - RIP
          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

looking

good, and i like the cristhmas red engine ho ho ho.... keep up the good work. whats the bore??? standard
            japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
            www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

Glad its making some progress stu, the crank certainly looks like a good bit of work
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yep - Christmas certainly ain't what it used to be!
                Nice work Stuart. Nice to see things progressing (it might be back on road before mine if you keep it up - ) .
                Cheers
                Chris
                Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Super!! I will have same setup on mine.. Scat rods and skimmed pistons.. You have skimmed them flat with the botom of them like Mark Haligan has done?
                  Just whait to see more! The rods shells wy you have used the violet ones in both sides? Iff is better i will order 5 violet ones in plus..
                  Nice work!
                  Well done!
                  All the best!
                  Eugen

Comment

Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
                    Super!! I will have same setup on mine.. Scat rods and skimmed pistons.. You have skimmed them flat with the botom of them like Mark Haligan has done?
                    Just whait to see more! The rods shells wy you have used the violet ones in both sides? Iff is better i will order 5 violet ones in plus..
                    Nice work!
                    Well done!
                    All the best!
                    Eugen
                    Mark Halligan has JE pistons I think your referring to Audiman.

Comment

• you are right!
                      Sry! He told me that those pistons are ok! I hope that... because is a cheap option for reducing cr. About bearings?
                      Thank You verry much!
                      Eugen

Comment

• looks like your on your way to a very nice car.....with some very cool engine parts..

good luck and keep those pictures coming...

Comment

• looking very nice .. you an bo are on fire ... mmmm my s2 has been sitting here for a bit .. its looking very tempting ... need to see how my job hunting goes and the year opens up.... I miss that lovely sound of that engine

Comment

• I'm using hardened upper and lower big-end shells as it has been said that there may be some benefit in higher horsepower engines, so I figured it wouldn't do any harm.

Bore is stock 81mm, with just a re-hone, hence the wear at the top of the bore.

Progress on the engine has been put on hold, as I forgot to order a new locking plate for the oil pick-up pipe, and I've now been told this part is on back order.
                            SS

Comment

• I attempted to fit the gearbox in to the car today, before it started to rain again.

Here's the gearbox ready to be lifted in to place.

I had two problems:
                              The first problem was the gearbox mounts, it looks like I have the wrong ones. I have the mounts that came with the DSY gearbox, but I think I need the mounts from a CGR. The mounts I have would make the gearbox sit way too high in the car.
                              The other problem was it started to pỉss down with rain again, so outside play was yet again halted.
                              SS

Comment

• Thats a shame Stu. Always fighting the weather a.

Hopefully you can get it fitted in alright, otherwise i can pop up sometime to give you a hand lifting.

Cheers.
                                91 S2 coupé - RIP
                                98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Working...
                                X