No announcement yet.

My 3B Coupé Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panther Metallic it is. Although I was tempted to go for a colour change while the engine bay was clear, but I like the original colour too much.
    Most people seem to think my car is green.

Not much progress recently I'm afraid, as I've been working abroad on the other side of The Channel for 6 weeks, and weekend time for the S2 was limited. A little annoying with the light nights and recent good weather. But I have to earn money for this project somehow.

After helping Bo put his engine together I couldn't remember putting the crank upper thrust washers in my engine. So I took the engine back out last weekend to check.

They were there of course. But I had to 100% sure. That's the trouble with building the thing with a few spare hours here and there.

At least I'm getting the hang of lifting the engine in and out by hand, and I'm getting used to the weight of it. I think my clutch centering tool must have been pretty good as the engine slots home nicely.

I'm hoping to get some more workshop time next week to get the head assembled, but don't hold your breath.
    SS

Comment

• Fantastic work stu,all credit to you.The memory things a ******,to much to think about ,three steps forward and two back.

Comment

• Keep going mate, ADI08 and a 'ring trip is only 4 months away!
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Cool cheers for the update and I liked the arty picture of the engine infront of the car

I think this might be the same colour as error404's car as sal did mention what it was. If it is then its a nice colour

Comment

• Yeah it looks the same as mine, except Stu's is a bit shinier and less rusty
            Coming along nicely this, get the head built and it'll be back together in no time

Have you decided what turbo is going to be used Stu?
            Alex
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              Yeah it looks the same as mine, except Stu's is a bit shinier and less rusty
              Coming along nicely this, get the head built and it'll be back together in no time

Have you decided what turbo is going to be used Stu?
              Alex
              Rust? I've had plenty of that to deal with.

I've found horrors like that in quite a few places. Hopefully it's all sorted now thanks to the advice in this thread.
              I'm still cleaning up various parts and coating them with POR15 and so on, as I dig them out of the pile in the garage, and get them ready to go back onto the car.

I decided on the turbo a long time ago. So it will be some old thing I have knocking around in various places around the house. I'll have to put all the pieces back together sometime.
              SS

Comment

• I seem to permanently have POR15 stains on my hands at the moment! Amazing stuff though
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Good luck getting it finshed mr. Stu! Hope it'll be ready for ADI or a 'ring trip in October? Do what S2Driver did and do the shake-down run on the way over
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• If its not ready for ADI you can borrow one of mine

Edit: i'm not paying the petrol though
                    91 S2 coupé - RIP
                    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                      Well, with the wind and rain outside I spent a few hours tinkering in the garage yesterday.

I picked up the locking plate for the oil pick-up pipe on Saturday, so that could go on with the windage tray.

Stu been trying to work out what do you mean by locking plate? whats the Audi part number? do you have a pic?

Comment

Rust? I've had plenty of that to deal with.

I've found horrors like that in quite a few places. Hopefully it's all sorted now thanks to the advice in this thread.
                        I'm still cleaning up various parts and coating them with POR15 and so on, as I dig them out of the pile in the garage, and get them ready to go back onto the car.

I decided on the turbo a long time ago. So it will be some old thing I have knocking around in various places around the house. I'll have to put all the pieces back together sometime.
                        That the bracket for the prop centre mount??
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                          Stu been trying to work out what do you mean by locking plate? whats the Audi part number? do you have a pic?
                          It's the part at the top of the oil pick-up pipe that locks the bolts. The P/N is 035 115 259.

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                          That the bracket for the prop centre mount??
                          Yep. A bit of scrubbing and a few coats of paint later it looked like this:

SS

Comment

• yeah thats better really need to get some of that stuff for mine. Did the prop bearing release ok from the mount or did it need a good tw^t with a hammer to break its grip?
                            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• I had to hacksaw the bearing carrier off. It was quite tricky with the lack of elbow room under the car.
                              SS

Comment

It's the part at the top of the oil pick-up pipe that locks the bolts. The P/N is 035 115 259.
                                Cheers Stu.

Ah I see number 16 on the family album, interestingly not listed for the RS2 and ABY's 1995 onwards which is why I couldn't find it.

I'll check mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X