My 3B Coupé Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just coz you're making progress now Jamo

'tis a point though, where is Stu and what state is the car in??
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• He hasn't been around since 29th May, very unusual!

Comment

• last seen on the drive with the car on top of him, might be out working all hours to get the car ready for combe

Comment

• Its all good with Stu, His internet is temperamental thats why he doenst come on here much. From what he said the other week the car is making progress slowly although having 4 other Vag cars to maintain also swallows up spare time that could be spent on the S2
          91 S2 coupé - RIP
          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• is his internet as good as his mobile phone signal.....hanging out of the window cannot be safe!!....

Comment

• Hello everyone. Long time no see.

Just a quick note to say the project is still alive, although it is still slow going.
              I'll try to get some progress pictures up sometime, but my camera has broken and I can't find a suitable replacement.

I've been without internet most of the summer, which hasn't helped things. But it's all fixed now.
              It took the phone line going completely dead for a week to get BT to do anything. It turns out a squirrel had eaten my phone line.
              It wasn't funny during that week, as my postman was on holiday. So I had no post, no internet, no phone, and the usual weak/part time mobile signal.

I'm also still pretty busy maintaining the fleet, and it's currently MOT season. 1 down, 3 to go.

There is some good news. While I was offline, the phone line must have been upgraded. Broadband is back with speeds up to just over 1Mbps. That's almost doubled.
              SS

Comment

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                Hello everyone. Long time no see.

Just a quick note to say the project is still alive, although it is still slow going.
                I'll try to get some progress pictures up sometime, but my camera has broken and I can't find a suitable replacement.

I've been without internet most of the summer, which hasn't helped things. But it's all fixed now.
                It took the phone line going completely dead for a week to get BT to do anything. It turns out a squirrel had eaten my phone line.
                It wasn't funny during that week, as my postman was on holiday. So I had no post, no internet, no phone, and the usual weak/part time mobile signal.

I'm also still pretty busy maintaining the fleet, and it's currently MOT season. 1 down, 3 to go.

There is some good news. While I was offline, the phone line must have been upgraded. Broadband is back with speeds up to just over 1Mbps. That's almost doubled.
                thats what happens when you live in a jungle

Comment

• Good job the toilets didn't go down
                  Good to hear from you.
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                    Hello everyone. Long time no see.

you have postmen in the south coast?

squirrels eating phone lines sounds like a tarzan movie

Oh welcome back Stu

Comment

• Here are a few pictures to show what I've been up to in my spare time over the summer.

After initially fitting all the driveshafts as they came off the car, 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' style, I then decided I couldn't leave them and had to refurbish them all. So I stripped all the CV joints, cleaned them up, regreased them, and fitted new boots to replace any crusty ones.

I also stripped and repainted the driveshafts, painting a stripe down each of them to monitor any twist. The Coupé rear driveshafts look pretty spindley to me, so I'll keep my eye on them during future use.

I've also given the two propshaft CVs an overhall. After doing ten CV joints it's not a job I fancy doing again in a hurry. The trouble is, my A3 needs a new boot.
                      SS

Comment

• I also got a parcel from Bambridge some time ago. Thanks Kev.

I also got some new steering arms, which was a bit of a waste of time by the time I repainted them and fitted the new bushes and 17mm adjusters.

With the new bushes I could crack on and finish the rear end of the car, along the brake upgrade. Thanks to Mr s2avant.

SS

Comment

• Engine is the same but with better components, right?

I like!
                          .: MINI Cooper D 08' :.
                          .: Audi Coupe Quattro 20V 91' :.
                          .: Audi Porsche RS2 95' :.

Comment

• Nice job
                            I've just had the "pleasure" of cleaning and regreasing 6 of the 10 CVs on my car, and did the other 4 a while ago. God I hate CV grease! Worth it though when you see the crusty old skank that comes out of them... really they should last for ever if they get a regrease every so often

What size FARB are you running on the back there?
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• very nice stu, whats the spec?

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                                Nice job
                                I've just had the "pleasure" of cleaning and regreasing 6 of the 10 CVs on my car, and did the other 4 a while ago. God I hate CV grease! Worth it though when you see the crusty old skank that comes out of them... really they should last for ever if they get a regrease every so often

What size FARB are you running on the back there?
                                Yeah. CV grease is nasty.
                                I was actually about to send one of the rear joints to Audi for exchange, as it had a tiny bit of play in it, and I couldn't source a second hand item. But when I cleaned it up I couldn't see anything wrong with it. So I greased it up, put it back and seems fine.

RARB is one of Mr Casey's cast offs. 24mm IIRC.

Brakes are the good old 280x25mm disks with S8 alloy calipers. I just told Ben I wanted a rear upgrade that wasn't too overkill and weighty, and that's what he got for me.
                                SS

Comment

Working...
                                X