My 3B Coupé Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
    Brakes are the good old 280x25mm disks with S8 alloy calipers. I just told Ben I wanted a rear upgrade that wasn't too overkill and weighty, and that's what he got for me.
    I'm suprised Ben knows the meaning of overkill when it comes to brakes
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Any updates?
      sigpic

Comment

• Hi Andy.

Nothing much to report ATM. Same old story, too busy with work and other stuff, and it's hard to get motivated in winter.
        As well as our own cars, my brother has two Audi 80's, and a friend has an A3 1.8TqS like mine. So I seem to have plenty of jobs to do with out the S2.

I decided to let the S8 go to a new home, as it took up too much room, and was too much of a distraction from the S2. Unfortunately I've ended up buying another car that may be another distraction.

I have been doing a little plumbing and wiring on the S2. I'm trying to find the best place to put the gearbox oil cooler. I've been measuring up and working out what to do for intake pipework.
        The driveshafts are all done, and on the car.
        I've decided to put the old 996/S8 brakes back on the front for now, just until I get the thing going. I don't want the new setup to be sat there corroding.

As much as I love the tinkerering/project thing, I do miss driving this thing, as it's almost 4 years since I have done so. Plus it's the S2's 20th Birthday this year, so in the spring I really do need to get a move on.
        SS

Comment

• Ok. I've had a look through some of the photos I took on my phone. Still no camera replacement yet.

I stripped my hydraulic pump down some time ago. Then put all the bits in a container for a couple of years. Then I finally put a new seal kit in it, as described by Graham's excellent thread.

There is a date stamp on the inside of the pump, marked 1997, so it is not the original.

All back together. Just the new front pulley to go on, which I did so I could test fit the pump.

After test fitting the pump I decided to modify the mounting bracket, so that the belt has an extra 10mm or so of adjustment.

I also made up a new bracket for the RS2 FARB bush, similar to the one on the rear.

I couldn't find a suitable flange for the turbo's oil return the sump pan extension, so I made my own, with the help of a pro-welder.

I much preferred the engine without the cables and hoses, but here is a little peek to see the cable extensions for the MTM/Dahlbäck inlet manifold, ABY hall sender, new dipstick tube, knock sensors, and so on.

I've just noticed as well as the manky old PAS hoses, the knock sensor bolts don't look too good. I may have to get some stainless or plated ones in there. I'm still not sure what to do with he PAS hoses. I'll get the car running first I think.

Here is another example of a stupid little part I had to fiddle around with. I had to make a spacer on the ABY/ADU dipstick tube to bolt it to the manifold without fouling the throttle cable. I then had to slot the hole in the bracket on the tube

And finally the skanky old brakes back on, for now. I'm still working on the new ones anyway.

I just have to make up a hardline for the N/S from the ABS unit, put the flexi-lines on, and they should be ready to bleed.
          SS

Comment

• Glad to see your making progress. Lets hope the long summer days will give you some more time to tinker... Thats if you can keep away from the new car
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
              Thats if you can keep away from the new car
              What have you got now?
              sigpic

Comment

• Please say you didn't get a boxer?
                Chef

Comment

• Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
                  Please say you didn't get a boxer?
                  No James. I haven't got one of these.

But yes. Steph did get her way with the new car. It's pays to keep her happy.
                  SS

Comment

• Dont forget to tighten the track rod ends

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Will do, Newsh. Along with the drop links. Good to see you're paying attention.
                      SS

Comment

• and the rear strut to hub bolts
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                          Will do, Newsh. Along with the drop links. Good to see you're paying attention.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                            and the rear strut to hub bolts

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• There are lots of deliberate mistakes in this thread. I'm surprised at some of the ones that weren't picked up. It would be better to start a new thread to list them, rather than clutter this one.

As for bolts, I've got a lot of new bolts for important stuff that I'm keeping until I'm finished. Like the driveshaft centre bolts. You guys should have spotted the old one in there, it's clearly an old Hex headed bolt, not a new Hex key bolt.
                              SS

Comment

• Don't forget to put a wheel in to that tyre before you fit it. Also the front brakes will need some lines, with out that they won't function to well.

And when do you start your hair dresser training to take care of that dog.
                                Last edited by s2_bo; 22 January 2011, 21:05.
                                91 S2 coupé - RIP
                                98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Working...
                                X