My 3B Coupé Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
    Most people seem to think my car is green.
    Thats the moss growing in the gutters does that

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

• Ha ha. It's got worse than that now. I should set to it with the strimmer to give the weeds a trim.
      SS

Comment

• Here's my original AYV rear diff before I took it apart.

And here it is after I cleaned it, stripped it, replaced various seals and other parts.

Now it's on the car and I've got to sort out some sort of hybrid propshaft to link it with the DSY gearbox. I also need to get some new vacuum hose for the diff lock.
        SS

Comment

• 91 S2 coupé - RIP
          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Blimey! It's been hard to get any time with the old banger this year. Having to work abroad hasn't helped, but yet another summer failing to appear has hindered progress too.
            The engine is out and back in the garage again. The Spec pressure plate has been removed, as I now have the Clutchnet one like I had in the first place. I just need to get to Bassett Down to get the new one balanced.

The rear end is coming together nicely now, and I bought these a few weeks ago...

As much as I think the build quality of KW components suck, the handling/ride quality balance is good on other car's I've driven, so I think they are worth a go. I have plenty of other suspension options in the garage if they turn out to be no good.
            SS

Comment

• Looking good! What did you pay for them if I may ask?

Comment

• Looking Good, Like the way you cleaned up things.
                There are two choices in life-Take it or leave it !

Comment

• It's about time I updated this thread.

Getting the new clutch balanced wasn't as simple as I thought. I took it Bassett Down Balancing with the flywheel, but Philip needed it bolted to a crank to be able to balance it. So I had to wait for someone else to send in a suitable crank for balancing. But we got there in the end.

I feel much more confident now I this clutch once again.

I also got the cylinder head finished off. I cleaned it up and lightly ported it some time ago. Thanks to Bo and his contacts, new valve were guides pressed in and the head was lightly skimmed.

It was great to get the engine back in. Here it is with the ARP head studs and metal head gasket fitted.

I also gave the original brake fluid reservoir a good clean inside and out, as it is another part that is NLA. I just need an assistant now to lend me a foot to bleed the clutch. That's not so easy now with that damn 6 speed linkage, but access is pretty good otherwise ATM.

I got a bit eager and assembled the head without taking any photos. Here it is in the car.

It's not bolted down yet anyway. I've got some OEM headbolts somewhere that I want to get the washers from, as the ARPs look too small. I've also left the cams out for now, so I have a non-interference engine. I'm hoping to collect a lower cam pulley from Volcano RS sometime soon. I also need a tool like DJones's to lock the crank with my balanced front pulley.

Thanks to Ross for letting me work on his car at the weekend, it spurred me on a bit. Although I must say I prefer to fit a short block by hand, as opposed to a full engine with a hoist.

I'm looking forward to BST so I can spend some evenings on my own S2.
                  SS

Comment

• Looking damn good Stu!

Anytime you need a bit more motivation, feel free to come spend a day working on my car I can't wait to get the final update on the thread with the car running!! Although I'm sure it won't be the "final" update but anyway...

It certainly is addictive, the temperature and a bit more light are making it easier, as is having a mini-meet to help out I've got the bug again

I'll ask about the crank locking tool
                    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Stu did you get clutch from the states or is there a UK rep?

Cheers

Steve
                      93 S2 Avant Parting
                      91 URQ RR
                      02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

• Looking great stu!!!
                        91 S2 coupé - RIP
                        98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Awesome

Glad youve got further along with it mate
                          S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Glad you've got some more done on this mate, looking forward to seeing some of the projects on the road this year. Doubt mine will be as i'm in no rush to finish it tbh. Just want to take my time with it atm.

Comment

• This project = Duke Nukem Forever......

Hehe computer gamers with get that

Comment

• .......been a while since I heard that game mentioned

Comment

Working...
                                X